Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Article about: Well, I know there are other threads that have been started in the past about the originality of Wartime Photos. However, I frequently receieve PM's asking for advice or assitance about how

Default Re: Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Dated 1941 but the wearer has a jacket which was not introduced until 1944.......

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs
    P
    Many

?

Definately a dodgy one Bill , confirmed by Ade's comment on the uniform !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Dated 1941 but the wearer has a jacket which was not introduced until 1944.......

Cheers, Ade.
    Good eye, Adrian! that completely got past me!

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Some GOOD Ebay Sellers

Koelsch333
    FotoHistoriker
    Engelbubu-foto
    Lopesan
    EA-antik
    Antikfuchs1
    ba-re
    dragons72
    fotohistorik
    freshfound
    gamsdivision1944
    keithmydog
    Isru31c
    new-lsmft5
    reichskarte
    rwcmilitaria
    therebelslacker
    321..dankshehr
    Milantik2000

The list could go on......but these are the more popular sellers which sell period Original photos.
    Good to see that most of the sellers I've dealt with are actually placed on the "Good" list. Maybe creating a pinned thread to be regularly updated with info from this thread could be an idea? That way we would avoid seeing the two seller lists disappearing in the midst of this thread.

Here's the one I have seen tolzor1 selling at least two copies of... the back has a fresh-looking piece of black cardboard, covering approx. 70%, glued onto it, as if torn out of an album... paper is not marked and quite thick, I've yet to do the UV light thing. Upon scanning I found that the image is surprisingly lacking in detail, no real depth or detail.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Cheers, Ade.
    Aha! I didnt even notice that Ade! Thanks for the confirmation on this photo. I dont even want to know what it will sell for.....
    Well.....lunch time over....back to work for me

P.S.- Slados thanks for posting.....will take a look later on, but if it were bought from "him", then it probably won't be a good outcome unfortunately. I think youre suspicions are most likley correct tho

It's nice to browse the forum during lunch break
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    It's nice to browse the forum during lunch break
    Haha I know.....I always do it! I usually come back to my house for lunch break so I dont spend so much money eating out all the time!

ANOTHER BAD EBAY SELLER:

mybutterfly1964

?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Good to see that most of the sellers I've dealt with are actually placed on the "Good" list. Maybe creating a pinned thread to be regularly updated with info from this thread could be an idea? That way we would avoid seeing the two seller lists disappearing in the midst of this thread.

Here's the one I have seen tolzor1 selling at least two copies of... the back has a fresh-looking piece of black cardboard, covering approx. 70%, glued onto it, as if torn out of an album... paper is not marked and quite thick, I've yet to do the UV light thing. Upon scanning I found that the image is surprisingly lacking in detail, no real depth or detail.

Well, Ive matched the paper to an example in my collection......but mine has a glossy finished obverse. It actually might have a chance.....but I tend to be sketched out for you because of the sellers reputation

Bill, you were right about that first photo being the first of many! Unfortunately, after Styx discovering a few of his to be fake, I decided to check back to this guide, and red flags are showing for some of my recent purchases. I'm not sure if I'm just paranoid, or rightly concerned, but I feel like I notice traits you listed as bad signs in some of them. Could you please let me know your thoughts, and what aspects show them as bad? An example of one of my concerns: the edge cut and quality of the photo of four men in a row, but then I'm not sure.

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Well, Ive matched the paper to an example in my collection......but mine has a glossy finished obverse. It actually might have a chance.....but I tend to be sketched out for you because of the sellers reputation
    Thanks for doing the compare! This one has a plain, not glossy, obverse.... hmmm, I'll scan the back and post tomorrow. I'll also be getting myself a UV light

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast