Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Article about: Well, I know there are other threads that have been started in the past about the originality of Wartime Photos. However, I frequently receieve PM's asking for advice or assitance about how

Default Re: Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Panzerjager in an SS Panzer Aufklarungs Abteilung.....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs
    P
    Many

Thanks a lot, will go for it, love the image, so many details. Somehow I don't receive notifications of the update of this thread.

Quote by Bill T View Post
    IMO this one Looks okay Evgeni. And yes it is, a very nice image of a Russian BA-3? now in German hands!

The picture seems to be wrong, especially the size and the position of it. It looks like it was cut out than put on top of the original death card, scanned and than printed. It is very uncommon to see field uniform on a death card, would pass on this one.

Quote by Lancere View Post
    Guys This Sterbild (Death Notice ) is currently on German Ebay . I have Emailed my friend Charles Trang and we both agree this looks fake . Something stands out that does not Gel ,see if any of you guys can pick it ???
    I will answer in three days I will give my conclusion .....BUT LETS HEAR OPINIONS ON WHY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SMELLS FISHY ........Attachment 451030

Well I believe that it is a phoney , My reason is look at the Tarnjacke is 1944 Issue (Loops sewen on ) His death is dated 29 Nov 1943
    I have been advised that loops first appeared on Cammo Jackets April,May 1944 . Also evigni M is right it does look odd .....

Here another Echte Photografie. Looks old, but might be aged.

Any thought on this one?

Thanks

Assistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

?

Good call in posting the D.C. Lancere. And like Ade said.....a Panzerjager in a SS Recon/Auflklarungs Abteilung is kinda odd too.
    IMO Sterbebilds/Death cards can be tricky to ID as fakes unless they are obvious. Bunch of different variables come into play......thickness of paper, types of paper, lettering, size, imaging, etc etc. Plus, some were actually printed/handed out post war as well, but doesnt mean theyre fake really. Some rare photos can be found on these tho!

Evgeni, this one IMO looks okay as well. Another nice image too

Thanks for the input!

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Good call in posting the D.C. Lancere. And like Ade said.....a Panzerjager in a SS Recon/Auflklarungs Abteilung is kinda odd too.
    IMO Sterbebilds/Death cards can be tricky to ID as fakes unless they are obvious. Bunch of different variables come into play......thickness of paper, types of paper, lettering, size, imaging, etc etc. Plus, some were actually printed/handed out post war as well, but doesnt mean theyre fake really. Some rare photos can be found on these tho!

Evgeni, this one IMO looks okay as well. Another nice image too

Just looked through this thread. Thank you! So useful. Have just ordered my UV black light as a results.
    Thanks
    Vicky

I know it might be a long shot, but does anyone have an example of what an original period Agfa Lupex mark on the reverse of a photo would look like.

Thanks guys

Vicky

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    I know it might be a long shot, but does anyone have an example of what an original period Agfa Lupex mark on the reverse of a photo would look like.

Thanks guys

Vicky
    Here you go.
    A Fallschirmjäger photo i have in my collection with Agfa Lupex stamp on the reverse.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast