Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Article about: Well, I know there are other threads that have been started in the past about the originality of Wartime Photos. However, I frequently receieve PM's asking for advice or assitance about how

Default Re: Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Thank you very much

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs
    P
    Many

?

Assistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Original examples of Agfa Lupex , if the paper has two lines above or Agfa on it's own with 2 lines it is post 1945.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thank you for all the information, i guess ive got a busy day tomorrow sorting through all my pictures!

?

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Thank you for all the information, i guess ive got a busy day tomorrow sorting through all my pictures!
    Collecting period photos can be one of the most satisfying parts of the hobby Vicky especially when you start getting ones where the people or units can be identified , it brings history to life !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Collecting period photos can be one of the most satisfying parts of the hobby Vicky especially when you start getting ones where the people or units can be identified , it brings history to life !!
    I agree, im beginning to especially love photographs that show soldiers engaging in daily activities, ie, with their family, sports, games etc...

?

Exaclty, this is what its all about. At first I coillected just random photos, things I though looked interesting... Bujt now I really try to hold out for the higher quality photos with more historical value than anythung else. Photo collecting is getting pretty big tho. Ive seen Ebay alone blow up over the past few years. You used to be able to find hidden gems, but seems like everyone finds them out now! haha

Dear All,

Recently I found some nice SS photos for sale. Will be great to hear your opinion on the authenticity of the pictures! Most of them are reprints IMO.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Evgeni

Assistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

?

Re the top one Leonar Leigrano paper is post war as far as i can recall !! Don't like the Hauptsturmfuhrer and would like to see a better close up of the " SS Obergefreiter " !!

The bottom one in the sports vest looks to be a good Agfa lupex from the photo posted.

1st July 1916

Thanks a lot, fully agree with you. The only 2 that i think could be ok are SS mann AK format without inscriptions (paper is surely war time) and SS sportswear guy (summer 1941). Any further thought anyone?

Re the top one Leonar Leigrano paper is post war as far as i can recall !! Don't like the Hauptsturmfuhrer and would like to see a better close up of the " SS Obergefreiter " !!

The bottom one in the sports vest looks to be a good Agfa lupex from the photo posted.

?

I would agree with Pauls suspicions.... the Hauptsturmfihrer one is bad for sure IMO.
    But I like the SS sports pic and the Voigtlander portrait just might have a chance too IMO, but needs in-hand inspection for sure. the SS Obergefreiter TK portrait is also a tough one to judge from here. The tk schutze one might have a chance, but I would personally be cautious.

Also like Paul said, the leonar Leigrano paper is from the 50's. From what ive read, it made pictures come out very dark and advanced photographers chose not to use it. Maybe a good photo from someone who didnt get their photos developed till late, after the war! I personally consider those types "original" but choose not to collect them unless there is proof of legitimacy.

To be perfectly honest, as of late Ive been second guessing myself with online judgements after seeing some of the "new" fakes that are around. The fakers/sellers are quickly getting better at this, and now know what we look for to easily spot fakes. So I apologize if some of my opinions arent as helpful as earlier times! lol Its just not as cut and dry as it used to be with them adding all of the extra jazz to fake pics. I now look at some "good" photos, and find myself wondering. Still, we arent completely corked yet....so keep posting em'! We just gotta keep on top of it all

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast