Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a court-martial?

Article about: Not until I had a very close look at this photo did I see that it would appear someone may be in trouble here. There are soldiers with bandages on that may indicate this was not long after a

Default Is this a court-martial?

Not until I had a very close look at this photo did I see that it would appear someone may be in trouble here. There are soldiers with bandages on that may indicate this was not long after a battle. Opinions welcome with thanks.Is this a court-martial?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a court-martial?
    P
    Many

Looks more like a routine muster of Gebirgsjäger, possibly before they head off somewhere.

Nothing at all points towards a court-martial or a battle and I see no bandages either.

The men are mountain troops (note sleeve badges) standing outside an inn (note adverts for Coke and Paulaner beer) being addressed by an officer. The photo was very likely taken during or after a field excercise: Two men have white bands on their caps; these were used to identify umpires in maneuvers.

It's probably a pre- or early war photograph.

MAP
    ?

On the ground you can see machine guns and ammo cans. Seems to be some type of roll call or informational meeting.

I also see a Coca-Cola sign on the side of the building. Not sure where this was taken as I can make out the language on the other signs. Could it be Norway? The Alps? Black Forest?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That makes perfect sense. Thank-you.

Seeing as there is an advert for Paulaner i'd say this was the Bavarian alps, beer didn't move very far from the city it was brewed in back then!....