Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 38 of 137 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 ... LastLast

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

Default Re: Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    hahaha C'mon guys, be easy one me!! lol I will definitely have to check for the photo Falk, I didnt see it when I checked it last, but Im horrible with email, as you can see....

And I will give yours a shot Steve, for sure!

Here is Georg Bose, RKT who was part of StuG abt 177. Sadly I believe he has passed away

Wow, the red waffenfabre barely showed up after I posted it here.......sorry
    Go into CMYK mode and you have better control with the colors.

And I forget how many German WWII pictures there are on this page. Not my side of the war.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

?

Quote by klassylady25 View Post
    Go into CMYK mode and you have better control with the colors.

And I forget how many German WWII pictures there are on this page. Not my side of the war.
    thank you, I will try to figure that out. This has been a problem with the colors for a while now.

And Im happy to colorize any Allied WWII photos as well, it's just that the majority posted have been German. thanks again!

Guys, sorry I have been really busy with work lately....but I will be starting on some of these today.

?

hahaha C'mon guys, be easy one me!! lol I will definitely have to check for the photo Falk, I didnt see it when I checked it last, but Im horrible with email, as you can see....

And I will give yours a shot Steve, for sure!

Here is Georg Bose, RKT who was part of StuG abt 177. Sadly I believe he has passed away

Wow, the red waffenfabre barely showed up after I posted it here.......sorry
    Yes Georg did pass away recently , he was one of my RK sponsors for the OdR and i knew him well , he was a really nice guy . Luckily he did get his memoirs into print in both German and English before the Great Army called him !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Yes Georg did pass away recently , he was one of my RK sponsors for the OdR and i knew him well , he was a really nice guy . Luckily he did get his memoirs into print in both German and English before the Great Army called him !
    Sad Paul,
    I had heard this somewhere, so I was hoping that I was not giving false information. Unfortunately it was indeed true....
    That must have been an honor to meet and know him. They dont make em' like they used to, and we are losing more and more of these gentlemen everyday. I look forward to reading his memoirs in English!! But I'm glad he was able to see it through! Hopefully more vets will follow in his footsteps in regards to their memoirs.

?

Hi Steve,
    This is the best I could do with this one. I tried to fix the contrast and overall look of the image a bit before colorizing....
    Attached Images Attached Images Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  Do you have a special photo you want colorized?? 

?

here is a before and after of the original image, after messing with the hue/contrast/saturation etc.
    (you could in fact get it to be a bit better if it were a scan too)

The one I did is posted first (the top one)
    Attached Images Attached Images Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  Do you have a special photo you want colorized?? 

Where can i find his book? Amazon maybe?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Sad Paul,
    I had heard this somewhere, so I was hoping that I was not giving false information. Unfortunately it was indeed true....
    That must have been an honor to meet and know him. They dont make em' like they used to, and we are losing more and more of these gentlemen everyday. I look forward to reading his memoirs in English!! But I'm glad he was able to see it through! Hopefully more vets will follow in his footsteps in regards to their memoirs.
    The sight of Georg roaring up to the meetings in his huge old fashioned Mercedes was always a sight to be seen !! He produced his memoirs in 3 volumes including his time with Sturmgeschutz Brigade 177 where he won his RK , he also appeared on a History channel programme prior to his death whcih featured the Kursk battles and Georgs experience as an Assault Gun commander !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Georg Bose on the left with OdR Vorsitzender and Stalingrad veteran Dr Gehard Gutmacher on the right , great days ...............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

1st July 1916

Hi Steve,
    This is the best I could do with this one. I tried to fix the contrast and overall look
    of the image a bit before colorizing....
    Looks great Bill ! It was not the best quality to begin with, I know, but you have
    done an excellent job on it ! ( He is my wife's Great uncle Charlie Bynski
    who was KIA in Holland - April, 1945 )

Thanks so much. The family will appreciate your artistic effort.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 38 of 137 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 ... LastLast