Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 49 of 137 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 ... LastLast

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

Default Re: Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Quote by klassylady25 View Post
    WoW!! That takes things to another level. I can see where the challenges come into place. Are the figures all hand painted?

Candy
    Hi Candy,
    Yes, they are all hand painted. Sometimes taking months to complete a project like this.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hi Candy,
    Yes, they are all hand painted. Sometimes taking months to complete a project like this.
    Ralph.
    Excellent! What a challenge in each piece and gift you have in sharing history. Ralph, many restorations, depending on the extent of damage, take hours, upon hours to work. I would suspect that many people think that what we all do is easy however, to those of us doing the work it's not always as easy as it seems.

The longest I ever spent on a restoration was one with General George S. Patton and a Brigade. This restoration did run weeks. It came to me in three sections. Each section had to be worked on and then we had to put them all together and work on it again. When you click on the photo, it will open another window and you can see the original size. Seeing this on a computer screen does not do it justice. I have a copy of it in my home and it rolls out to be 5' x 2'.

General Patton by Clear Image by Candice, on Flickr

Sorry to keep rambling on about my Great Grandpa... I promise this will be the last time.

I made this little display up last night. I added the ribbon... mostly because I assume he died in the war, and because I wish I got to know the man. I also added an authentic SD collar tab like the one he's wearing in the picture:

(Sorry about the low quality cellphone shot!)

Quote by klassylady25 View Post
    Excellent! What a challenge in each piece and gift you have in sharing history. Ralph, many restorations, depending on the extent of damage, take hours, upon hours to work. I would suspect that many people think that what we all do is easy however, to those of us doing the work it's not always as easy as it seems.

The longest I ever spent on a restoration was one with General George S. Patton and a Brigade. This restoration did run weeks. It came to me in three sections. Each section had to be worked on and then we had to put them all together and work on it again. When you click on the photo, it will open another window and you can see the original size. Seeing this on a computer screen does not do it justice. I have a copy of it in my home and it rolls out to be 5' x 2'.

General Patton by Clear Image by Candice, on Flickr
    Wow Candy, that must have been a very daunting task. That is a very large panoramic photo! I am not one of the ones that thinks what you do is easy.
    I have quite a few photos of family members during WW II in uniform. Here is a photo of my mother's uncle, Josef Schlegel. Also, a period photo of my mother.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

here is a POW photo from my collection that i colorized.

The postcard photo was sent from Espanola Internment Camp... Ottawa,Canada to Berlin-Spandau in March of 1943.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Wow Candy, that must have been a very daunting task. That is a very large panoramic photo! I am not one of the ones that thinks what you do is easy.
    I have quite a few photos of family members during WW II in uniform. Here is a photo of my mother's uncle, Josef Schlegel. Also, a period photo of my mother.
    Ralph.

Ralph, you certainly have interesting family history to research/etc. I have to admit though, My favorite photo is still the portrait of your father w/ black wrap and cap skull variation.

?

I took out one of my postcards, and tried to colour it. I think I messed up, If its alright could you colour an Imperial era postcard for me Bill?

Cheers, Patrick

?

Ralph, I know your post was directed at Candy, but I gave it a go anyway. Hope you dont mind

- - Updated - -

I will definitely try for ya Pat, but I am not the best with figuring out correct Imperial/ww1 colors! haha

?

ralphs
    Attached Images Attached Images Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  Do you have a special photo you want colorized?? 

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Ralph, you certainly have interesting family history to research/etc. I have to admit though, My favorite photo is still the portrait of your father w/ black wrap and cap skull variation.
    Thanks Bill, that one is certainly my favorite as well.
    Ralph.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Ralph, I know your post was directed at Candy, but I gave it a go anyway. Hope you dont mind

- - Updated - -

I will definitely try for ya Pat, but I am not the best with figuring out correct Imperial/ww1 colors! haha
    Bill, I don't mind, in fact I appreciate it very much!
    I think I will start a thread just for my family photos. I have quite a few.
    Ralph.

Page 49 of 137 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 ... LastLast