MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 56 of 137 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 ... LastLast

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

?

Default Re: Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Quote by Bill T View Post
    HAHA!! Man, that would be alot of faces/uniforms to colorize! It might look pretty good when done tho........hmmm

Here is Hauptmann Karl Buckel from StuG Abt. 277
    More great work Bill , i love this shot !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

?

Stefan, thank you very much for the kind words. Much appreciated. I can certainly try to have a go at your lovely family photo. Will try it tonight and see what I can do!

Paul, thanks. I think that is a great portrait of Karl Buckel with his 3 TDBs. I believe there is another one of him from the same day that i remember seeing.

?

Stefan,
    Here is what I got. The man with the buffalo patch is (from what I gathered) from the Polish 1st Army Corps. I dont realy know the correct colors, and couldnt find Polish insignia color codes, so I improvised.
    If we find correct colors, I can change them if needed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

You do some pretty amazing work....how about this shot?.....the picture was taken at St. Barbe du Tlelat Airfield, Oran, Algeria on December 10, 1942....This is Headquarters, 1st infantry division...my grand uncle is in the second row, third from the right........

Last edited by Bulge44; 09-01-2012 at 05:31 PM.

?

Just spent some time looking through all pages of this thread.
    Fantastic work by Bill. Also remarkable all the time this must have taken. 30 pages with numerous pics; 1-2 hours per pic, you do the math.

I looked up 'altruistic' in the dictionary and there was a pic of Bill!

Also some great pics contributed by members. I looked up several of the named ones and as always, there were some interesting bios on some of them.

?

haha man, I feel dumb, but I had to look up the word altruistic myself!!!! Glad to see it was indeed a good thing. lol thank you for the comments, its not so bad spending the time when you enjoy doing it tho. When I get home from work, its a nice "winding down" method.

And youre right, the pics from all of the members are fantastic. Some of the family history behind these photos is just great! Thanks again for taking the time to look and comment

Bulge44: I'd be happy to do the pic of your Grand-uncle. I will see what I can do. What an awesome group portrait taken in N. Africa

Quote by Bill T View Post
    haha man, I feel dumb, but I had to look up the word altruistic myself!!!! Glad to see it was indeed a good thing. lol thank you for the comments, its not so bad spending the time when you enjoy doing it tho. When I get home from work, its a nice "winding down" method.

And youre right, the pics from all of the members are fantastic. Some of the family history behind these photos is just great! Thanks again for taking the time to look and comment

Bulge44: I'd be happy to do the pic of your Grand-uncle. I will see what I can do. What an awesome group portrait taken in N. Africa
    Thanks Bill T....much appreciated.......i didn't really know of my grand uncle until a couple years ago....i started research on my grandfather who died on the front lines of the Battle of the Bulge.....i spent a couple years correcting his military record and getting replacement medals (as a side note, i am now in the process of petitioning to have his Silver Star upgraded....another two year project i fear.....but well worth the time and effort.....)...anyways, in doing the research a family member mentioned that my grandfather's brother, who also served in WWII, was still alive.....i called him and we discussed many things...we lost contact for a bit, but we started corresponding thru the mail again....he saw what i had done for my grandfather in preserving his memory, and he started sending me his things.....he sent me his Ike jacket which is in mint condition which just floored me...i went to a local department store and convinced them to give me a mannequin that they were no longer using.....see below.........i got some amazing things from him...pictures, documents, the jacket, his brass belt buckle, and some great patches.......if you see some of my other threads, you'll see the General Bradley orders about interacting with Germans and you'll see the Hitler Stamp booklet he gave me.......i just wish i had know him years ago....he is getting up in age, and getting him on the phone is alot of work to say the least.....i'm in new york and he is in florida, so visiting is not an option right now...........but long story short, i was dying t o find a pic like this that had a family member in it...and now i have it.......i'm actually in the process of cropping the print (the one above is a crop as well) and making a panoramic picture out of it and then having it printed on canvas, then framed where the canvas wraps around the frame to give it a 3D look..................sorry for the long story, but i get carried away with it sometimes...hahaha...i could go on and on about my grandfather....i'll have to post the copy of the Stars and Stripes where his death is detailed on the front page........thanks so much again for your time and contribution..........

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

him wearing it.......(by the way, my camera must be off, because in reality the jacket is definitely an olive drab/green color, not the brownish in the pics...)

and while we are at it, my grandfather......2nd Infantry Division, 23rd Infantry Regiment, K Company....killed December 17, 1944 in the Ardennes Forest just east of the twin villages of Krinkelt and Rocherath, Belgium....he was last seen coming out of his foxhole and engaging in hand to hand combat with German infantrymen.......he was awarded the Silver Star and the Presidential Unit Citation for his and his unit's action that fateful afternoon.......

yeah i want to say how good bill is aswell at colouring theses photos,does a spot on job.hes not just coloured war photos but some old black and white pics aswell,hes really made an old lady very happy.
    cheers yank

Page 56 of 137 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 ... LastLast