Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 68 of 137 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

?

Default Re: Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Phil, I found the last name because u saved the file name with it. I figured it wasnt a very common name, so I searched the database....came up with a Francis J. Rachunas, so I guess it is not him. Would it be someone else in your family maybe? The arichives only had 1 person w/ that last name. Its not a complete list, as Im sure you know....and they only give VERY basic info.
    Link: http://aad.archives.gov/aad/record-d...=1&rid=3830674

You should check the POW records at NARA tho, he might be in there if he was taken prisoner. Im working on the colorization right now, and this is a great photo!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

?

Thanks Bill, Yeah he is listed in the POW section, That is odd that he doesn't pop up in the other. The info I got was what was returned when Joe's Daughters did a request for records. I'm not sure if Francis is a relative.
    I'll check in after work today.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Alright Phil, Im finally done! This one took over 3 hours to complete. I think I got the ribbon bars correct, but you can double check em.

Here are 2 different options for ya. 1 has more contrast
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

?

YOU ARE DA MAN!!!!!!!
    That is just OUTSTANDING!!!!
    Thank you So Much Bill. I'm going to send this to my cousins(Joe's Kid's)
    3 hours is alot of time, What can I do for you???????
    Seriously If there is something I can do for you,Let me Know!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Bill,
    I also wanted to let you know, I still like the one you did of the Crew of the Damned Yankee II and will save that on a thumb drive and get somebody to make a nice print of it, so that I can send it to the Gent who sent me the original. I think he would get a kick out of it!!! Because in his mind I'm sure that pic is in color anyway!!!!
    Thank You Again
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Haha I really wish there was something more we could do on the Damn Yankee II pic...it woulda been awesome to send it out to him in better shape. But you are probly right, he will still get a kick out of it Im sure. And no problem on your Uncle Joes pic....I enjoyed doing it. I did it in a few different sessions, so it was fun. I hope your cousins like it too. Its an awesome photo to begiin with! Youre lucky to have that one with such family history. I dont get to do alot of US pics, so its nice to change it up once in a while.

?

Thumbs up Re: Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

You are awesome and do great work for those that are either gone or on the door step! You did a outstanding job on the ribbons and badge. I have been collecting those for Joe's shadow box.(Need oak leafs and star) Here is what I have and they match exactly( Added the Good conduct behind the Gunner wings) But that photo along with the ribbons and wings I got will be an excellent display honoring his service to this Great Nation.Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    Thank You so Much Bill
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Oh cool Phil, thats awesome that you got his exact ribbon bar and wings!! Yeah, I was thinking about the Good conduct medal when colorizing the bars.....and was wondering why he didnt have that one, as he should, right? Anyway, thats a cool shadow box idea. I am also working on a family related usaaf display at the moment as well. Trying to get the records to find a unit ID tho, as my fiances family has no idea unfortunately, and the items dont have any clues.

One thing that came out nicely for me, was to buy some photo paper for the computer printer and use that instead of regular paper. It comes out looking good. Much respect to your Uncle Joe and of course the Damn Yankee II as well!

?

Here is Ralph's portrait of his family, ww1.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

Thanks so much for that Bill!
    I can't tell you if the colors are right or not but you did a great job.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 68 of 137 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast