Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 87 of 137 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 ... LastLast

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

?

Default Re: Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Quote by Bill T View Post
    "Bren-Gun Girl" Veronica Foster
    kind of a half-colored styled photo
    Like that!

...but then you knew I would!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

?

Hi Bill

Another "monster" thread

here are a few "odd" bits Ive gathered over the years, Military Reel Film, ... dug out to be "recycled" but have decided to hang onto them, I can supply the contact details of the guy who sell's these if anyone is interested, here's a few sample pics of the one's I have, ...hopefully get them all put on disc as Ive never seen the actual contents although have had them for over 4 years ( the Oak Ridge obviously not "Mil" but just thought Id throw it in anyway

cheers

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??Do you have a special photo you want colorized??Do you have a special photo you want colorized??Do you have a special photo you want colorized??Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

?

Forgot a couple, If anyone is interested in a Disc when done just sing out

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

?

Phil,
    The caption with the photo reads as follows :

"The B17 is from the 601st b.s. 398th b.g. based at Nuthampstead from apr 44".

So, not from the 303rd at Molesworth.
    (PS .. Molesworth is approx 25 miles from where I live).

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Once again You do awesome work Bill.
    Is this a B17 from the 303rd Bomb Group 'Hells Angles"?
    I was given a book called "Half a Wing,Three Engines and a Prayer" By Brian D. O'Neal
    Its about 303rd BG and the Hullar crew. So far a pretty good read.
    Captain Clark Gable flew a couple of missions with the 303rd.

?

Hi Bill,

What do you think of this one? Can anything be done with it? It's pretty average quality I know The man second from left (sitting down) is my great grandfather. It's dated about mid 1942 I think.

?

Thanks for the replies everyone! Kiwi, love the old film reels, very neat. It would be sumthin to have em on disc. I also have some old newsreels/footage but German (smaller than those ones tho), and unfortunately dont have a film projector either. I was lucky enough to veiw some of em with my friends projector a couple years back, and they were cool, alot of luftwaffe stuff. It would be neat to get to see whats on yours someday, as they look to be specific subjects. And about the thread, I never imagined it would get this big. Sometimes I get into lulls where I give the colorizing a break...but always come back to it.

Dio, Id be happy to give it a go.....will see what I can do with it. What an awesome photo to have of ur Great Granpa too! very cool

?

Heres what I could do with this one Dio!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

?

I am new to the forums and have gone through this tread and I am blown away,what fantastic work you do...I was wondering if you could put the colour back into my gereat uncle.

?

Thanks for the replies everyone! Kiwi, love the old film reels, very neat. It would be sumthin to have em on disc. I also have some old newsreels/footage but German (smaller than those ones tho), and unfortunately dont have a film projector either. I was lucky enough to veiw some of em with my friends projector a couple years back, and they were cool, alot of luftwaffe stuff. It would be neat to get to see whats on yours someday, as they look to be specific subjects. And about the thread, I never imagined it would get this big. Sometimes I get into lulls where I give the colorizing a break...but always come back to it.

Dio, Id be happy to give it a go.....will see what I can do with it. What an awesome photo to have of ur Great Granpa too! very cool
    Cheer's Bill ... a "culling" of a few item's and a few timely jobs has left me capable of getting these old film's finally sorted, will certainly send a disc your way, ... I would love to see what come's from your Luftwaffe reel's when done, ... you sure do put 'life" back into the old B/W material, great stuff mate

?

Heres what I could do with this one Dio!
    Thats great Bill, Cheers! I can't give you a literal drink, so here's an eDrink for your time and effort

My Great Grandfather, at 93, is sadly slowly losing his mind to dementia, so we've found things like this help him enormously!

He actually had a bad motorbike accident in '38 that stopped him from joining the army, although he tried to weasel his way into all the services. Grandad ended up staying at home, serving with a hospital battalion. It's fortunate though, because he probably would have been sent to Singapore and I might not be typing this now had he ended up in a PoW camp or worse.

His older brother was in the RAAF, in North Africa.

Page 87 of 137 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 ... LastLast