MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 103 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1367

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

?

Default Re: Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Quote by jwp View Post
    just looking through my files, here are grandfather's medals, cap badge and dog tags from ww1 ( not a great pic, took on my old camera which was only 3mp) the first dog tag is for the kings own Yorkshire light infantry, as is the cap badge , the other two dog tags are for the 3rd London regiment (royal fusiliers), which grandfather was posted to at the beginning of 1918 wnen his koyli battalion was disbanded.Attachment 542115
    Thanks for the ' like ' , JWP. I think these medals would go great in the recent thread titled, " did your grandfather or father serve in the military?". I think that's the title. Anywho, these would be nice to honor your grandfather, possibly along with a photo and story to go with it. Just a suggestion. Thanks,
    Dean

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

jwp
    ?

dean, your welcome. thanks for your reply, I did add a link in the thread you mentioned, see below : (post 19)

thosewhosurvived

there is a link in the thread to dads story too,
    all the best,
    john.

?

John, excellent and special grouping you have. Thanks for sharing it with us!! Here is the finalized portrait with the colored in Africa Star Ribbon. Sorry I couldn't get to it sooner, been working a lot. Hope you have a nice vacation

Dean, that's awesome you actually got to hand color a portrait. I have always wanted to try it to be honest. The method you explain is almost exactly the same as how it was done in ww2 really. You know this was done as early as the late 1800's!? Crazy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

?

Did this one recently too. Think it was part of a LIFE photo shoot?
    Edwin Olander VMF 214
    Ive always loved these USN MkII goggles, need to get a pair someday.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

?

excellent portrait of Jefferson DeBlanc, a Wildcat Pilot.... w/ B-6 flight helmet and jacket w/ USN MKII goggles (Source: http://navypilotoverseas.wordpress.com)
    I know the B-6 jacket probably has black fur, but it looked better this way IMO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

?

Kevin, here is your last portrait. I was very surprised that the colorizing actually worked on this one. But it did!
    Attached Images Attached Images Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  Do you have a special photo you want colorized?? 

?

Bill, I cannot truly thank you enough for this mate, I will attach the other 2 photos I mentioned later, thank you mate from the bottom of my heart, you have made a lot of people in the north of England very happy.
    Best Regards
    Kevin

jwp
    ?

bill, thank you very much indeed, dads pic looks great,your time and effort are very much appreciated,
    all the best,
    regards, john.

?

Thank you Guys! As usual, it brings me happiness knowing that everyone is enjoying these. This is an awesome forum, and we all help each other out one way or another over time! IMO colorizing these pics is a way of using modern technology to try let people view History in a different light....so the more people who see them, the better!

A new portrait I just picked up of an unknown Bomber Pilot who is a Deutsche Kreuz in Gold winner:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

?

Bill, you have made a lot of people very happy by bringing loved ones 'back to life', well done mate, me especially as i owe you a debt of gratitude, thank you.
    Regards
    Kevin

Page 103 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 ... LastLast