Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Eagles Nest Collection

Article about: These were picked up from an estate in Buffalo NY. Didn't give much for them. Mostly liked having them for the many different rooms. Seem very similar, almost identical to hand tinted post c

Default Eagles Nest Collection

These were picked up from an estate in Buffalo NY. Didn't give much for them. Mostly liked having them for the many different rooms.

Seem very similar, almost identical to hand tinted post cards seen online for sale. Was there a German Press Corp? DPK? I see small numbers in the bottom right and left corners. They all measure 4.5 inches wide by 3 inches tall. They have a slight mildew scent. No idea who identified each photo w/ an ink pen. Some have the dark tan bleeding on the back and some don't. When viewing w/ magnifying glass I do not see any dot pattern.

More interested in the source if real. Also like to know if this set has been displayed or sold in the past.

Enjoy!

Appreciate all comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eagles Nest Collection   Eagles Nest Collection  

Eagles Nest Collection   Eagles Nest Collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eagles Nest Collection
    P
    Many

Great pics. I cannot comment on originality or the numbers. Thanks for posting.
    John

Nice to see.
    I know that the germans had series of pictures published with numbering, I have a copy of a serie of Krakow.
    If there was a serie for the Obersalzberg i do not know but why not Postcard do exist also, but do have in mind that the Obersalzberg was bombed on the 25th of April 1945.
    Maybe these were added for the GI's as souvenirs.

The first photo has the Nazi flag flying, that suggests they were taken before the end of the war by probably some sort of Reich publicity department. They may have well have been sold to interested members of the German public, like any other postcard.

There were many pictures taken of Obersalzberg, Berghof etc and these may well be a similar set, the most common are those with printed locations inset over the pictures. These only have penned annotations. Again would not like to comment on their originality, but there are no views that have not appeared elsewhere before, so they are not unique in that way. Interesting and ever enthralling subject though.

They are "souvenir" photos - Real photos but reproduced "en mass" I have the exact photos split into 2 sets 12 pictures in each set - Printed in Germany around 1947 for the occupying troops - someone has obviously written on then in case they forgot where they were taken

?

Similar about Erwitte. There must be and packaging.