Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Early Hoffman postcard set of AH

Article about: Hi Guys, Just acquired this set of Hoffman postcards, with AH in various poses, in it's original cover complete with the vendor's address in Berlin ! Been after a set of these for a long whi

Default Early Hoffman postcard set of AH

Hi Guys,
    Just acquired this set of Hoffman postcards, with AH in various poses, in it's original cover complete with the vendor's address in Berlin ! Been after a set of these for a long while after seeing the pictures in a book.....finally got there ! The images are quite striking 90 years later. The postcards have that distinctive (to old postcards) musky, 'tobacco'y' smell, with the image having that slight 'metallic'y' look when you catch it in different light too, amazing condition for age, I've read that these were produced in the late 20s, an eye catching piece of history.
    Regards
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Hoffman postcard set of AH   Early Hoffman postcard set of AH  

Early Hoffman postcard set of AH  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Hoffman postcard set of AH
    P
    Many

Very nice Paul!
    Love his crazy poses on these!
    I do also have them in a book..
    Congrats my friend.

The "metallic effect" you're referring to is just the silver halides in the paper its printed onto. Nice original set, well caught!

Thanks Ullerguard, I remember seeing these poses in a Illustrated AH book years ago, a fellow collector friend showed me a set he had a couple of years ago..... & so it began ! Yes the poses are very animated, does make you think how forward thinking the NSDAP was in commercial terms, every possible way to increase revenue 'into the coffers'.
    Thanks Blackcat, I didn't realise that's what gave the postcard that metallic effect, just something I had noticed on other period postcards I own, glad you guys like them, they just don't seem to crop up too often !
    Regards
    Paul

Just imagine the impact these images had back then...

Well done in collecting these.