Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Fallen for the motherland

Article about: by crazy horse I have to agree with you, even though I was in Iraq in 91, you never forget, sometimes I still wake up to gruesome dreams, but it is part of war. I just try to forget.that nev

?

Default Re: Fallen for the motherland

[QUOTE=blackheart0866;129000]You know , while on my multiple tours in Iraq, I saw things like this up close and personal, and to be honest, these are not images that are good to look at, sure they are a fact of war.

But why would any one want to collect or actually search out pictures like this

hi , a valid point blackheart. as amature historians and collectors we are all aware of the effects of war , i personally dislike the displaying of these images. on this forum as we have quiet a few young members who post ,ie under 18. i think you have to ask yourself would you show these images to your kids ? i think the resounding answer from most would be no. it is not my intention to offend those who have posted the images ,its just my personal opinion and feeling on the subject. cheers paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallen for the motherland
    P
    Many

Adi thanks for the J.S. Mill quote. It is so profoundly true in today's world. These deaths are indeed tragic. Unfortunately, most people today would only fight to keep their Blackberry. Peace can only be maintained through strength.

Jay

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    You know , while on my multiple tours in Iraq, I saw things like this up close and personal, and to be honest, these are not images that are good to look at, sure they are a fact of war.

But why would any one want to collect or actually search out pictures like this.

I dont mean to be rude or anything, but when you actually see shit like this in person, its really not that good of a thing to look at.

The pics dont give you the smell, the pics dont show how it really was, pics never show the trueness to what it is.

Sorry, if i offended you, i was not trying to.
    I have to agree with you, even though I was in Iraq in 91, you never forget, sometimes I still wake up to gruesome dreams, but it is part of war. I just try to forget.that never works out too good though.
    no offence meant to anyone either. I guess when my best friend got cut in half, well that one bothers me the most.

War Relics Forum. If you look closely at the name of this forum, the first word is 'war'. What are sensitive people and children doing in a war forum?? Why not show this to the children so that they understand how cruel and devastating war is and think twice before joining a war forum? No, we want to talk about WW2 as if it was just another conflict and sometimes romanticise it. This pics shows what happened. And these brave soldiers who died in these photos reminds us of the monster called war. So I suggest this sensitive people not to open a link that says 'fallen for the fatherland' or anything simular. Did you expect to see photos of kittens and flowers?

Quote by Lt Visser View Post
    War Relics Forum. If you look closely at the name of this forum, the first word is 'war'. What are sensitive people and children doing in a war forum?? Why not show this to the children so that they understand how cruel and devastating war is and think twice before joining a war forum? No, we want to talk about WW2 as if it was just another conflict and sometimes romanticise it. This pics shows what happened. And these brave soldiers who died in these photos reminds us of the monster called war. So I suggest this sensitive people not to open a link that says 'fallen for the fatherland' or anything simular. Did you expect to see photos of kittens and flowers?
    very true, war is not all happy tales & glory, this is just the realistic side, it's still going on today. freedom is not free!

?

We have a harmless hobby. However it is derived from an enormous evil. The most interesting items we hold are those that have seen war.

I think it's good to see images like that because it reinforces the reality of war however distant it might seem. Many of these images could be taken right now in warzones. But we are not allowed to see them anymore lest we be sickened and the young men we expect to fight wars be deterred from seeking glory. The photos we see don't even come close to depicting the reality one or two of use here have seen for themselves. But it's enough.

As for children seeing them. I remember as a 12 year old child seeing graphic colour images in the Sunday Times magazine of dead ARVN soldiers on Highway 13 during the 1972 Easter offensive. I felt sickened. But hardly tramautised. But I had some of my illusions about war dispelled that sunny Sunday.

i served my time and have seen this up close and personal i understand peoples interest for this kind of image and that it shows the "reality" but for me it just makes me remeber sick times in sick locations!!

Quote by Lt Visser View Post
    now on that i do agree ppl who have not experienced the true horror need ot know what it is like maybe alkl the politicicans should go over n have to bury some of them

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    i served my time and have seen this up close and personal i understand peoples interest for this kind of image and that it shows the "reality" but for me it just makes me remeber sick times in sick locations!!
    Yes, I agree, on my tours in Iraq, there was times that myself and other members of my team, we had to hose down some hummers, to wash out the blood, and we would find a finger, or an ear, and other items, it was never a pleasure to find these items.

AS we all know this shit exist, it does not make it right to take pics, and collect these type of items, as i never will, as i've seen this up close and in person, do not enjoy it at all.

Brian

?

Thumbs up Re: Fallen for the motherland

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important then his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." J.S. Mill

I agree! Im tired of all these hippies repeating what someone else repeated about what they know nothing of or people who have no loyalty or sense of duty or courage etc etc. Genocide keeps happening because no one has the balls to suit up and do something about it anymore! Thats why I went, my Father, his brothers, uncles, and my Grandfather and so on. and thats why I would go again and not come home until the jobs done! Unfortunately Im married now and cant just go off and do what I want anymore. But I will still raise my voice or hand again, if need be and when Im old if I can I will wave my cain around like a wild man! Wooooooooooo!!!!!

Blackheart I wondered the same thing myself.... These things dont bother me but I dont go and seek them out. I dont think its being very reverent to those who fell either. Everyone else wouldnt understand anyway. No one asks you what you did over "there", they tell you! And if they do ask and you reply, they call you a liar! Thats why I havent been home for 7 years! Did I get off coarse? My mind wonders sometimes.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast