Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Fallen for the motherland

Article about: by crazy horse I have to agree with you, even though I was in Iraq in 91, you never forget, sometimes I still wake up to gruesome dreams, but it is part of war. I just try to forget.that nev

Default Re: Fallen for the motherland

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    I have to agree with you, even though I was in Iraq in 91, you never forget, sometimes I still wake up to gruesome dreams, but it is part of war. I just try to forget.that never works out too good though.
    no offence meant to anyone either. I guess when my best friend got cut in half, well that one bothers me the most.
    crazy i was out in that sandbox myself ithink the only ones who get upset are us vets it brings back painfull memories im lucky i had a mass head injury in 04 and its somehow blocked the neural pathways to that memeory section for the most part giving me the most peaceful five yrs iv had

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallen for the motherland
    P
    Many

When I was about 12 my parents let me watch that amazing documentary series 'The World At War '

The images of death on the battlefields and in the concentration camps lived with me since. However even at that age I found it an essential viewing as it only happened 20 or so years before and I wanted to learn more about WW2. I have had an interest ever since.

Therefore I believe the younger members will not be traumatised by the images on this forum as they have a hunger to learn this history and that is why they are here.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

best documentary ever made wolf i have it on dvd

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    best documentary ever made wolf i have it on dvd
    Agreed, I can still hear Lawrence Oliviers' haunting narration !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

also easy to get at a bargain price on ebay for a change lol just make sure its the 11 disc set

?

Very true an excellent series, which watched every sunday when i was a boy, but the disturbing thing that gauls me nowadays is that i have asked dozens of young students about D-Day and what it meant, not one of them knew what the 6th of June 1944 was or how it affected them , i am amazed at the lack of 20th century history that is not being taught in the schools and colleges, but mention Vikings, Romans, and Robin Hood and theyll tell you everything about the dates and who were the main characters, i find that rather insulting and sad that these young people know so little about the tremendous suffering that happened in both world wars, and should be made to see these films as we were at school , it gave most of us a respect to all soldiers and civilians who gave their lives and for those left behind

?

Guys, lets keep things in perspective. The youth of today can access many gruesome images via the internet, mobile phones, email, television and think of the computer games that are available to them etc etc. I don't think that images such as those posted in this thread are likely to figure that highly.
    The thread is showing us some images of warfare from an age gone by, there is death and suffering happening the world over right now as I type.
    These images should serve to remind us that the items we collect come at a price. The thread is open to all to view here on the forum, for those that don't want to look then please don't.
    Lets keep the thread open for what it is, images of fallen soldiers. If you feel the need to debate the rights or wrongs of a thread such as this please do it in private and use your own judgement as to whether you want to open the thread and view it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

crazy i was out in that sandbox myself ithink the only ones who get upset are us vets it brings back painfull memories im lucky i had a mass head injury in 04 and its somehow blocked the neural pathways to that memeory section for the most part giving me the most peaceful five yrs iv had
    I hear you brother, I didn't get a head injury, but I was riding on top of our ancient m110a1 howitzer, don't know if you ever saw one, just a tank body, with an 8 inch barrel on top, well it shot 8 inch shells anyway, but we hit a cluster bomb that was laying in the dust. anyway it threw me off, just glad I didn't fall under the track, but even though it's been almost 20 years, my memory is really bad too, so your right I have forgotten a lot of things, but some things always just creep into my dreams when I sleep, which is maybe 2 hours, then awake for 4, then asleep for 3. but I'm not whining , I signed the papers, I did my job, no regrets, except my lower back, my neck & my right shoulder will never be the same, but I am still alive & I consider any service member a brother, if they are alive, or not. I thank every vet I meet. so now I consider you a brother also. salute too you bro. take care. ------- Marty.--------- actually the pic's of the fallen really just make me feel bad for their family.

sorry adrian your right i was foolish enough not to realsie the explicit content and although ive seen worse it still gets to ya some times

sorry adrian your right i was foolish enough not to realsie the explicit content and although ive seen worse it still gets to ya some times
    I have to agree, but it really doesn't bother me that badly, I have also seen worse, actually made me feel bad at the time, that I might have had something to do with it. but if some one kicks in my front door. NO PITY

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast