Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Fallen for the motherland

Article about: by crazy horse I have to agree with you, even though I was in Iraq in 91, you never forget, sometimes I still wake up to gruesome dreams, but it is part of war. I just try to forget.that nev

?

Default Re: Fallen for the motherland

Ok guys point made .

I agree with all you are saying but for some reason in combat these type of photos are always taken whether officially or by amateurs , most German albums from this period whcih show the early campaigns in France , Russia etc have photos like these , later photos and albums when the photographers had seen more action tend not to show photos of the dead probably for the reasons you have stated.

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallen for the motherland
    P
    Many

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Ok guys point made .

I agree with all you are saying but for some reason in combat these type of photos are always taken whether officially or by amateurs , most German albums from this period whcih show the early campaigns in France , Russia etc have photos like these , later photos and albums when the photographers had seen more action tend not to show photos of the dead probably for the reasons you have stated.

regards

Paul
    yes it's true what you are saying, after seeing what happened to my best friend, well it really got to me, but I guess it was his time, I just try to forget it & get on with what time I have left.

regards
    Marty

Hi all,

I've been following this thread for a while now and I finally decided to add my view on it. War is an obscenity and it does obscene things to the people who fight it, both living and dead. I understand why so many people would have such strong feelngs about seeing photos of torn up human beings like this, it would especially be difficult if you actually knew the person. But for so many of us, we have never been exposed to such horrible grotesquenss. I feel that making images like these available for public consumption will give people an idea as to the true face of war. It's ugly and appalling in every way. It's not a video game where the dead simply vanish, nor is it a movie.......it's a horrible reality in which human being are killed in horrible ways. Seeing these old photos that are 60+ years old are bad enough, but what I think is worse is seeing photos taken last week from Iraq and Afghanistan that show our soldiers and civilians going through death and agony. However painful it is to see these images and believe me, it upsets to me to no end, I still feel that people need to see what is happening as uncomfortable as it may be. Perhaps if the politicians could see these images they might think twice before committing young lives to an armed conflict. Just my two cents......

Quote by Bravo 20 View Post
    Hi all,

I've been following this thread for a while now and I finally decided to add my view on it. War is an obscenity and it does obscene things to the people who fight it, both living and dead. I understand why so many people would have such strong feelngs about seeing photos of torn up human beings like this, it would especially be difficult if you actually knew the person. But for so many of us, we have never been exposed to such horrible grotesquenss. I feel that making images like these available for public consumption will give people an idea as to the true face of war. It's ugly and appalling in every way. It's not a video game where the dead simply vanish, nor is it a movie.......it's a horrible reality in which human being are killed in horrible ways. Seeing these old photos that are 60+ years old are bad enough, but what I think is worse is seeing photos taken last week from Iraq and Afghanistan that show our soldiers and civilians going through death and agony. However painful it is to see these images and believe me, it upsets to me to no end, I still feel that people need to see what is happening as uncomfortable as it may be. Perhaps if the politicians could see these images they might think twice before committing young lives to an armed conflict. Just my two cents......
    the thing is, you will never see a politicians child in any of those pic's, but like Robert E. Lee said, war is hell.but war has been around since man, so it will always go on.

Took this photo's in the Diekirch Museum in Luxembourg.

even though this is an old thread I wanted to add a photo and put in my two cents. If people were force to look at the bodies and the body bags coming home I promise you things would be different. I think society should have to look at these photos and the aftermath of war. Also...this thread turned into some kind of therapy session for people and that shouldnt have happened.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallen for the motherland  

?

Fallen for the motherlandFallen for the motherlandFallen for the motherlandFallen for the motherland

Because of "sever exposure to the internet", the "gore factor" do not cause me to even blink, but the psychological hit of these images is worse. Knowing that they gave their lives that we would not have to experience total war in our lifetimes does not help the fact that they died young, and did not get the chance to live old and see their future children grow.

I am sorry if the text above may seem gibberish to you, I am really tired after a day of wandering in the forest behind a flock of reindeers that escaped.

Here are my two cents...The one with the German under the Brandenburg Gate really fascinates me! It almost tells you the story behind it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallen for the motherland   Fallen for the motherland  

Attached Images Attached Images Fallen for the motherland 

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    Here are my two cents...The one with the German under the Brandenburg Gate really fascinates me! It almost tells you the story behind it!
    Unfortunately the story behind that one is photoshop as it is a put together one.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast