Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*

Article about: I like that photo on the top there Jerry. Looks like 2 of them wear Flak badges and Afrika CT's. And please, feel free to add the others here so we can keep the different photo subjects orga

?

Heres another LwFd member from Stossgruppe Seydlitz. He was in the special force of LW ground troops who tried to break open the demjansk kessel with the 329. Infantrie Division.

Obergefreiter Hermann Bauer - KIA Novgorod Oblast

Bauer was killed South of Staraya-Russa, in the Southern part of the Kosanka Forest, around Lake Illmen, during a very hectic part of the war, close to Demjansk (breakout)!
    With that information, I concluded he is most likely to be from Stossgruppe von Seydlitz, March 21, 1942. The reason I mention Stossgruppe Seydlitz, is that they attempted a breakout near the Staraya Russa railway, a region that the Soviet forces had called the "Ramushevo corridor" on the same exact day of Hermann Bauers death. I believe this would be near the Lovat River, off of Illmensee. An incredible card, especially with the card saying he was part of a Stosstruppe Unternehmen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*
    P
    Many

?

Here is a cool photo that I have acquired from a nice fellow collector (thanks Kev).....a neat photo showing the transition of the Luftwaffe Field Divisions being under control of the Heer. Note the green LW tabs, but Heer breast eagle! Would this be a Luftwaffe M41 tropical tunic?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*  

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Here is a cool photo that I have acquired from a nice fellow collector (thanks Kev).....a neat photo showing the transition of the Luftwaffe Field Divisions being under control of the Heer. Note the green LW tabs, but Heer breast eagle! Would this be a Luftwaffe M41 tropical tunic?
    It would not. The Luftwaffe "M41" tropical tunics can be closed at the neck, the tunic pictured could not. Furthermore, the shape of the pocket flaps differs.
    This is first-pattern WH/Heer tropical tunic badged with Luftwaffe collar tabs (and other rank insignia), a common practice among LW units (notably Flak) early in their involvement in North Africa proved by many period photos. I believe it was due to supply problems, as the Luftwaffe did have their own tropical garments in 1941.
    MP

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9