Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Flea market treasure

Article about: Have I got a story for you all.Yesterday I was at an estate sale and came across a basket of postcards and photos,they were old and from Germany The one that struck my eyes was a photo postc

Default Flea market treasure

Have I got a story for you all.Yesterday I was at an estate sale and came across a basket of postcards and photos,they were old and from Germany The one that struck my eyes was a photo postcard of a fellow named Johannes Heesters I purchased the card and other photos that looked interesting. When I was home I put this guy"s name in Goggle and low and behold he is a famous Dutch_German singer actor that had preformed for Hitler and also the guards and offerers at Dachau!! This was a Nazi calibrator and was in disfavor with the Dutch government in fact after the war he was not allowed back in Holland .Now here is the amazing part. He is 106 and still alive!!!!! He has his own web site.This guy is listed as the oldest living preforming actor in the world he has recordings and they are available in Europe.Please see the scans that I have included There is a German officer on a horse,a photo of an audience at concert hall (note the snappy looking officers in the upper left hand of the photo also a snap of a movie theater with the Olympic rings and just a view of a Swastika flag the last one is of a unknown Hamburg Americka ship.I had great fun researching all of this on a beautiful Sat.afternoon. If any of our Dutch members knows anything about this guy I would love to find out.Cheers Operaman
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea market treasure   Flea market treasure  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flea market treasure
    P
    Many

Default Re: Flea market treasure

Good finds Operaman it's probably not as easy to find stuff like this in the States as it is here in Europe.
    The cinema is obviously showing the 1938 classic by Leni Riefenstahl "Olympia" do a goggle search there is a lot of info about this film out there.
    Also to the right and left of the upper floor windows there seem to be swastikas there do they look like they are part of the building or added to the photo later.
    once again nice finds.

Kris...

Default Re: Flea market treasure

I saw that as well looks like someone made a drawing on the postcard I can feel the indentions