Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Generalieutnant Carl Rodenburg

Article about: This was sent to me by his daughter upon his passing. For many years I had contact with the General, as he was from the same town in Germany, Lübeck , where my family were from after they mo

Default Generalieutnant Carl Rodenburg

This was sent to me by his daughter upon his passing. For many years I had contact with the General, as he was from the same town in Germany, Lübeck , where my family were from after they moved from East Prussia.

I have a large file of our correspondence and other photos from over the years with the General.

This photo was taken on the morning of the surrender when he had been presented with the oakleaves to his K.C. at Stalingrad by Feldmarshal Paulus and the photo was flown out with one of the last aircraft to leave. His wife was simultaniously presented with his oakleaves in Berlin.
    Attached Images Attached Images Generalieutnant Carl Rodenburg 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Generalieutnant Carl Rodenburg
    P
    Many

Default Re: Generalieutnant Carl Rodenburg

Cheers Richard--would like to hear more of your stories about corresponding with this General. The only General I ever shared mail with is Otto Kumm-SS LAHs last KDT.

Quote by history-buff1944 View Post
    Cheers Richard--would like to hear more of your stories about corresponding with this General. The only General I ever shared mail with is Otto Kumm-SS LAHs last KDT.
    All of the correspondence is in German. Since I could not read German I had a friend read it to me but never thought to have him write it out. I would write to the General in English. I'm going to have to get all of the correspondence translated again. There are a couple of pieces that I did have translated that I will post as soon as I can have my son scan them for me.

Im not proficient in German and whern I was there I used this phrase quite a bit: "Mein Deutsche ist veri schlecht."

George Armstrong Custer
    ?

Very interesting Richard - you must have dozens of letters from Rodenburg over the years. Whilst waiting to have them translated, why not post scans of a few of the originals here? I'm sure there's plenty of us would be more than happy to translate them.