Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this genuine?

Article about: I have no idea on the background of this photo, but I found it in my house along with some other British documents and photos. The laminated cover is something that's been added since I've o

Default Is this genuine?

I have no idea on the background of this photo, but I found it in my house along with some other British documents and photos. The laminated cover is something that's been added since I've owned it.

Is this genuine?
    Is this genuine?
    Is this genuine?

(If you click on the image you can view it larger and in better quality)

Am I right in assuming that whoever this man is was Luftwaffe? Im not very good with German uniforms unfortunately, still learning.
    Now the difficult part is the writing, I can make out 'Foto Studija' on the front and that is it. In small writing it also says K AUNAS.
    I do not understand/can not make out any of the writing on the back of the postcard other than a date, 1944 - 9 - 11d.

Do you think this is original or a fake? To me it looks too clean (i suppose it could have been well looked after) and the writing on the front bottom left looks out of place, maybe too sharp, however I have never really seen a genuine postcard before to judge it. I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this genuine?
    P
    Many

A Luftwaffe man...but the writing isn't German...
    cheers, Glenn

Kaunus is in Lithuania
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

IMO the photo-postcard looks okay I have many that are as fresh as the day they were processed at the studio lab 70 years ago. Most of the degradation in photos is down to poor chemistry or processing at the time of printing meaning the silver halide is not developed or fixed properly. If processed correctly and stored out of strong light photos can remain preserved very well.

It doesn't mean that the postcard could not have been more recently printed as wet printing did not really disappear with the advent of digital cameras and inkjet photo papers.

IMO the writing on the back of the postcard does not look like one of the Baltic languages either. Is there any chance it could be Italian?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by StefanM View Post
    IMO the photo-postcard looks okay I have many that are as fresh as the day they were processed at the studio lab 70 years ago. Most of the degradation in photos is down to poor chemistry or processing at the time of printing meaning the silver halide is not developed or fixed properly. If processed correctly and stored out of strong light photos can remain preserved very well.

It doesn't mean that the postcard could not have been more recently printed as wet printing did not really disappear with the advent of digital cameras and inkjet photo papers.

IMO the writing on the back of the postcard does not look like one of the Baltic languages either. Is there any chance it could be Italian?
    I am guessing its Italian also

?

The photo posted the correct way up and taken out of the sleeve will assist in determining if it is period , although i don't see anything that would indicate otherwise !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings