Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Kriegsmarine ID help

Article about: I have just acquired a large amount of German photographs and I was confused a bit with this one. Not sure if it is WWII or earlier, but the thing that confuses me the most is the pistol, ca

Default German Kriegsmarine ID help

I have just acquired a large amount of German photographs and I was confused a bit with this one.
    Not sure if it is WWII or earlier, but the thing that confuses me the most is the pistol, can anyone ID it or the era this is from. Also would I be correct assuming that the signature on the reverse may be the sailors?
    Thanks for the help
    German Kriegsmarine ID helpGerman Kriegsmarine ID help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Kriegsmarine ID help
    P
    Many

At first, it looks like a Thompson without the butt stock,
    but I'm leaning towards flare pistol or airgun........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Kriegsmarine ID help  
    Regards,

Steve.

I thought the same thing! I originally wondered how in the world did this guy get a Thompson and then leaned towards flare gun but I do not remember any having a grip like that.
    Why would he have an anchor insignia on his cap?
    thanks again

?

I was thinking airgun too,this pic is around 1930`s production.....Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Kriegsmarine ID help  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Why would he have an anchor insignia on his cap?
    Post-war pic - No Nazi swastika emblems.........! ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Airgun for rats on the boat?
    So is it pre war or post war?

Hi Ben,

It looks to me to be a Zella-Mehlis 'Zenit' air pistol, they were made popular in the late 30's before the war and were made by the Em-Ge company of Thuringa. The Em-Ge logo cartouche on the top of the grip is just visible on your pic.

Regards, Ned.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Ben,

It looks to me to be a Zella-Mehlis 'Zenit' air pistol, they were made popular in the late 30's before the war and were made by the Em-Ge company of Thuringa. The Em-Ge logo cartouche on the top of the grip is just visible on your pic.

Regards, Ned.

Eagle eye Ned strikes again!.....

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Ben,

Regards, Ned.

Thanks Ned that is quite the eye you have there

- - Updated - -

So the picture would be pre war?

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Thanks Ned that is quite the eye you have there

- - Updated - -

So the picture would be pre war?
    Not necessarily no. Whilst the model type is fairly rare in that it was only produced between 1937 and 1939, it could just as well have been in use for years after, even today perhaps. As an example, I own several old air weapons dating back to the 50's and 60's that still give good service today, indeed, one of my favourites for rabbits in the grounds of Casa Ned is a lovely old Webley Mk.III with walnut stock that dates around 1950-55.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast