Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!

Article about: by Paul E We have discussed these photos a number of times on the forum as they have been circulating from the Ukraine for about 10 years, they are always sexy photos , Personalities , SS ,

?

Default Re: Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!

Hey Dean,
    You have really nice photos yourself. Those Hitler photos in the staff car are sweet. I wish I had some Hitler photos in my collection. Oh ya, please dont take my post the wrong way at all. I just wanted to check the backs of the SS photo (without helmet) in particular only to make sure you dont have a Russian archive photo. It has that "sepia processed (yellow tea-stain)" look to it, thats all. Usually (not always) an indication of a russian copy. I bought some russian archives before I knew they were copies and I dont want that to happen to anyone else. I also bought some KC photos with fake agfa stamps on the reverse that have a similar edge-cut to yours. Just lookin out for ya. I hope I am completely wrong too, but it is worth checking. Im sorry to taint your thread, but I will post a pic of them for your reference so u can compare. Hope u dont mind.
    p.s. cant wait to see more of your pick-ups along the way
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!   Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!
    P
    Many

?

Dean, please note that on the KC photo i posted.....the "name" is not always on them Ive noticed. But notice how the agfa markings are in incorrect places compared to originals and also they are not "lined up"/aligned. These have been determined by myself and others to be fake agfa stamps. They come in agfa lupex + agfa brovira and are definitely made to fool. They are usually a little smaller than a postcard, but also come in postcard size too. Found on ebay.

The second one I am posting is a known fake, the russian archive copies. These have been around for a while. Im sure you will understand how I could relate the cut and color to your SS photo. But again, I hope I am very wrong. But these will help for future reference if for nothing else. Please compare the "cut" on the border of the photo for comparison. thanks, Take care Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!   Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!  

?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Dean, please note that on the KC photo i posted.....the "name" is not always on them Ive noticed. But notice how the agfa markings are in incorrect places compared to originals and also they are not "lined up"/aligned. These have been determined by myself and others to be fake agfa stamps. They come in agfa lupex + agfa brovira and are definitely made to fool. They are usually a little smaller than a postcard, but also come in postcard size too. Found on ebay.

The second one I am posting is a known fake, the russian archive copies. These have been around for a while. Im sure you will understand how I could relate the cut and color to your SS photo. But again, I hope I am very wrong. But these will help for future reference if for nothing else. Please compare the "cut" on the border of the photo for comparison. thanks, Take care Dean
    yep! it's a fake...Damn! I knew it was a little too good to be true. Thanks for the knowledge, my friend , I learn from this.
    ~Dean

?

Quote by totenkopfDean View Post
    yep! it's a fake...Damn! I knew it was a little too good to be true. Thanks for the knowledge, my friend , I learn from this.
    ~Dean

Its alright man, it happens. I bought both of those fakes when they first started showing up for sale and luckily for only a few dollars each. The KC photos are very new/recent fakes tho and its hard to tell they are bad until you have them in hand. They are probly the better fakes that I have seen because they actually have real paper company markings. The seller must have a stamp, so he just marks the reverse of every photo(incorrectly tho). Ive seen him sell single photos for over $80.....he must be making a killing. scumbag. Just dont let it stop you from collecting photos tho, just read and study the fakes and beware of sellers who seem to have a ton of SS, panzer, KC, and action photos. Please dont let this stop you from sharing your photos, I look forward to seeing more from you.

?

We have discussed these photos a number of times on the forum as they have been circulating from the Ukraine for about 10 years, they are always sexy photos , Personalities , SS , RK, Tigers etc but always have the same stamps and writing on the rear , many people have been caught by them and unfortunatley this will continue whilst they continue to circulate around flea bay.

Now you know Dean you can avoid them in the future but keep on searching for the good ones !!

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Ya definitely Paul. I know the Russian fakes have been around for a long time, but I had never seen the KC ones before a couple months ago. I started a discussion on WAF on them, and everyone seemed to agree with the fake stampings. IMO there is much more wrong than the stampings, but I can honestly say I personally had not seen them around until recently. There are VERY few good trustworthy sellers on Ebay, but some decent photos can still be scooped from there once in a while if you know who to buy from. Like you said tho Paul, just keep searchin for the good ones.

?

Ya definitely Paul. I know the Russian fakes have been around for a long time, but I had never seen the KC ones before a couple months ago. I started a discussion on WAF on them, and everyone seemed to agree with the fake stampings. IMO there is much more wrong than the stampings, but I can honestly say I personally had not seen them around until recently. There are VERY few good trustworthy sellers on Ebay, but some decent photos can still be scooped from there once in a while if you know who to buy from. Like you said tho Paul, just keep searchin for the good ones.
    I'm much more aware of the fake "agfa" markings now that you pointed them out. Luckily I only bought a couple of the fakes and for not too much to cry over ! I have many more beautiful examples to share with you all, however. So until then, sweet dreams to all.
    ~Dean

?

here are some more great photos from the war, but I must caution the viewers that the last photo is explicit {and upside down too}.Thank you for viewing!

Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!   Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!  

?

I know, I already posted this but I wanted to add it to this group of photos as well.Checkout the swazi's on the hoods in the armored column! This is an awesome pic and one of my Fav's.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!  

?

here's a photo of a Russian soldier with a Maxim gun as Ade pointed out. Also a couple of tank crew with m43's in a king tiger with Zimmeritt.
    ~Dean

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast