Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!

Article about: by Paul E We have discussed these photos a number of times on the forum as they have been circulating from the Ukraine for about 10 years, they are always sexy photos , Personalities , SS ,

Default Re: Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!

Quote by Paul E View Post
    We have discussed these photos a number of times on the forum as they have been circulating from the Ukraine for about 10 years, they are always sexy photos , Personalities , SS , RK, Tigers etc but always have the same stamps and writing on the rear , many people have been caught by them and unfortunatley this will continue whilst they continue to circulate around flea bay.

Now you know Dean you can avoid them in the future but keep on searching for the good ones !!

regards

Paul
    What Paul says is true. I got bit hard by those who fake these all the sellers claimed these were from Russian Archives that were being sold off for various reasons. i even had bid on and won, 4 VERY well-known Kursk photos, all wiht eiter writing on their backs and or something typed too. I was almost shafted out of about $450.00 but after a few months of bluffing, I got all but $80 back. One of the sellers goes by the name of Adolff, and has connections with a company in Long Beach, California-called: Protek. This jerk gets its American funds through that company. I was able to get most of my money back by bluffing those jerks saying that I was goiung to get the local Sheriffs Dept involved and the guy I went through at Protek, is a guy named "Eduard" and I told "Eduard" if I did not get a refund in the maill within 10 days, that everything i had-was going to be copied and mailed to their Sheriffs Dept for mail fraud. I got most of my money back in about 8 days via a check.

Now, after getting that check in, I mailed it to my Bank-who deposited it into my Savings and NOT my Checking account. That way, "Adolff" or anyone else, could never "retrieve" those funds. I waited for 3 weeks, and the waiting time had expired on the chance for them to try to take back or place a stop pay, on that check.

Oh old "Adolff" was really ticked off to no end sending me many emails and Ebay PMs, saying that I should have gone through him first (which I had been trying to do for welll over 6 months but only getting BS promises never intended to be kept from "Adolff'" "Adolff" had asked my how much more was i owed? and that he would even pay me extra if i gave it my Account number. Well, I wasn't born yesterday, and I knew exactly what that punk had in mind of doing. Anyway, I ignored but saved every pm and email that punk sent to me.

Needless to say, and to make a VERY long story short, in order for me to get a refund, I was supposed to mail back all 9 photos (he owed me around 30-but never sent most of them to me and those I got, only about half-were ones I bid on)-which I never did. I had my photos checked by a next door neighbor, who happened to work for N.A.S.A. in Houston, as a photograph expert. This man also used to work for the FBI, so I know he knew his stuff. He confirmed what I had thought. Also, I got VERY lucky.

These jerks ebay auctions are easy to spot. Look for how the photo is presented, as well as how much postage is being charged, as the 3-4 accounts I ran across happened to be about the exact same in presentation and wording and such. Sometimes they use a light blue background or a brown or white one when posting pics on e=bay. Their descriptions are alike and also in very bad English.

One ebay username i can think of all of the bat they use is: Kiev1943. Another is Tolzor something or other.

PS, I think they have an American "working" for them when posting descriptions of the photos. I forgot to write down his user name.

Hope this helps?

Also, on those who got "stung" on fakes, were the photos you got almost postcard size-with the wavy edges? If so? those are exactly what I got in and some of these photos were "aged" by using tea bags to discolor the white areas.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!
    P
    Many

?

Hey thanks,Buff! I know who that rat bastard "Adolff" is. That scumbag burned me but not too bad, maybe $60...sounds like you got the better of him and pissed him off! I would have loved to see his face when you did that! the racket they have must be pretty lucrative, I wonder how much money they get from unsuspecting buyers?Im glad you got reemburst though.
    ~Dean

Quote by totenkopfDean View Post
    Hey thanks,Buff! I know who that rat bastard "Adolff" is. That scumbag burned me but not too bad, maybe $60...sounds like you got the better of him and pissed him off! I would have loved to see his face when you did that! the racket they have must be pretty lucrative, I wonder how much money they get from unsuspecting buyers?Im glad you got reemburst though.
    ~Dean

Hi Dean, sorry you got burnt as well, but heh heh, i too would have loved to have seen his face too. I must have caused him to have an applexy (SP?) :lol:

PS, did you at least recieve any of the faked photos? After about 6 months, I got one envelope in the mail-with those 9 or so fakes in it. The jerks $6 per auction P&H price and all I got was a cheap envelope.

Also, im a former member of the Law Enforcement community, it's pretty easy to make a bluff look like a serious threat, and I do admit that i had great fun in doing so-both to Adolff and to Eduard.

Needless to say, Adolff was enraged. The money I lost was for the amount for all the postage I paid. I did actually get all the money back from the photos price. I would have loved to get the P&H too, but count my blessings that I got as much back as I did.

Oh and, one of the Kursk photos I got from the jerk, was the well known one showing a Brum Bar being prepared for battle. Ive seen this one used in numerous books and when I saw it listed for sale, I didnt believe for a moment that it was THE actual photo, but was hoping it was a period copy of which there were probably dozens to hundreds printed and used. Another photo I had hoped was like this one, is a very famous Stalingrad photo showing two Sergeants carrying MP-40s, who one looking to his front, and the other looking back and motioning his men to attack. They were behind a pile of rubble. It turned out that that photo was actually a series of photos taken at that time. I had wanted so much for that photo to also be an original print.

Sadly, Adolff and his group of jerks, make loads of money from unsuspecting people. I was able to save about 20 bidders from losing their money on this jerks auctions. I had also gone to ebay to open 8 seperate cases against Adolff, but ebay takes care of their sellers but not their bidders. They never did anything to Adolff.

One thing though, last time I checked for auctions from Adolff (Kiev1943) that they had not used that account for a number of months. I checked about 4-5 months ago. That was then, when I discovered an American, who apparently is being paid by Adolff, to post commentary on the photos. This guy also uses the same posting techniques as Adolff and his underlings use. IF I find the time? ill do another look and see if I cna find the 4-5 accounts I know that Adolff is using or has used including that American who apparently is employed with him in mail fraud.

?

yeah, put that punk(s) away ! Nothing worse than his kind in the dealer/collectors world.Well put,brother.
    ~dean

good to know info !!!

Thanks guys. Also, I just looked earlier this evening and noticed that Adolff hasnt used that account since sometime last year. Maybe his scams finally caught up with he and his group?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3