Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

This guy has me stumped

Article about: Hi all, Friend at work bought me this photocopied photo that was found inside an old photo frame. I had a quick look at it but I have no idea what the cap badge represents. I was hoping some

?

Default This guy has me stumped

Hi all,

Friend at work bought me this photocopied photo that was found inside an old photo frame. I had a quick look at it but I have no idea what the cap badge represents. I was hoping someone might have a clue?

I was able to decipher the writing on the bottom. I says 'St. Jean Le Luze 1944'

Thanks for any help that can be provided This guy has me stumped

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement This guy has me stumped
    P
    Many

Default Re: This guy has me stumped

I can only see 2 anchors and the swastika

He is a member of the Luftwaffe Martime Personnel Air Sea Rescue . The following is taken from the web-it explains it better(and Quicker!) than I can at the moment:

"Prior to the war, (Circa 1935), the Luftwaffe, (Air-Force), had established the Marinefliegerverbände, (Naval Aviation Units/Formation), consisting of both air-borne and sea-borne units under the command of Befehlshaber der Marinefliegerverbände und Inspektor der Seeflieger, (Commander of the Naval Aviation Units and Inspector of Naval Aviation. Naval Aviation Units personnel consisted of regular Luftwaffe personnel and additional civilian personnel. The civilian personnel were not granted the status of soldiers or officials but were considered members of the Wehrmacht Gefolge, (Armed Forces Retinue), classified as civilian Angestellte, (Employees), holding positions equivalent to Officer’s and NCO’s and, Arbeiter, (Workers), holding positions equivalent to enlisted personnel. The Naval Aviation branch of service consisted of assorted types of units that included Seestaffeln/Bordfliegerstaffeln, (Sea Squadrons/On-Board Flight Squadrons), Küstenfliegerstaffeln, (Coastal Flight Squadrons), Flugbetriebsboote, (Flight/Air Service Vessels), Versorgungsboote, (Supply Vessels), and Seenotdienst, (Sea Rescue/Emergency Service), among others. The civilian personnel of the Naval Aviation Units were outfitted with navy blue uniforms including visor caps that were styled after merchant marine and Kriegsmarine, (War Navy), uniforms, with specific, identifying, insignia. The civilian, Naval Aviation Units personnel’s visor cap insignia was issued in both gilt and silver and it is speculated that the gilt insignia was intended for personnel holding "Officer’s" or nautical positions while the silver insignia was intended for personnel holding "Enlisted" or technical positions"
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

He is a marine aviator. i.e Flying boats
    Morris

here is an alternative insignia.
    This guy has me stumped
    morris

?

Awesome, thanks for the quick response guys, he'll be stoked. The sad part is that we'll never know the relevance of the photo to whoever put it there.

The photocopy was too grainy for me to make out if they were keys, cannon or anchors. An experienced eye will know the difference though.

An iScotch to you all

I would love to have that hat!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I would love to have that hat!