Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hans Goebeler U-505

Article about: Here is a nice shot of Hans Goebeler and yours truly taken at the 1998 MAX Show in Monroeville, PA.

Default Hans Goebeler U-505

Here is a nice shot of Hans Goebeler and yours truly taken at the 1998 MAX Show in Monroeville, PA.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hans Goebeler U-505 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hans Goebeler U-505
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hans Goebeler U-505

Hi richard,
    Nice photo you have there it is good to meet vets from all nations.
    I met a great old guy at Utah beach in 07, he was one of many to take the beach in 1944. I respect all vetarans, My dad was a vet of W.W.2.
    Dave.

Nice photo Richard. You are quite a lucky man to meet Hans Goebeler.

rgds, Ty

Quote by kungfuty View Post
    Nice photo Richard. You are quite a lucky man to meet Hans Goebeler.

rgds, Ty
    I recall that day quite well, as Hans, his wife Erika and daughter had dinner together that evening. He passed on before he could finish writing his book "Steel Boats, Iron Hearts". When his wife and another individual completed it, Erika sent me a copy with an inscription written to me by her. It's an interesting read. I may see here at this years MAX Show in Monroeville PA. This will be my first time in a few years or so since I have attended the show, so I do not know if she still sets up.

Richard

She had an interesting and active career
    Attached Images Attached Images Hans Goebeler U-505 

Here are some additional photos of Hans and the first page of a brochure from the 1998 MAX Show.

The first one was when he was in training.
    The second one was shortly afterward.
    The third is of U-505 being captured off the coast of N. Africa.
    The fourth is the brochure.

Richard
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hans Goebeler U-505   Hans Goebeler U-505  

Hans Goebeler U-505   Hans Goebeler U-505  

I also knew Hans Goebeler. I met him at a gun show in Corpus Christi about 14 or so years ago. At that time, his wife had been working at a Restaurant on North Beach called: Blackbeards. They were living in Corpus at the time. Hans gave me the first five RKT addresses I ever had-out of an eventual 550 or so RKT addresses. These were all Kriegsmarine Uboat guys and one Waffen SS RKT.. They were: Reinhard Hardegan, Erich Topp, Hans-Gunther Lange and Paul Brasack, and Remy Schrijnen as the SS contingent. Also, I was introduced to hans's best friend and whom the book: Devils Guard was written about--Hans J (Real Name) and the real last name I am leaving out on purpose because his family still lives somewhere in Florida.

Anyway, when Hans G passed away-I was notified of his death from Hans J/ and we both "hit-it-off" immediately and became friends. Well, About 3 weeks before I was going to Fly to Florida to meet Hans J/ he passed away.

101combatvet
    ?

I spoke with Hans Goebeler at length on several occasions at the Max show. He was based out of Lorient for a time.... I know the area well. I purchased one of his coffee cups but never had the chance to read his book. He was a great U-Boot man!

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    your thumbs up looks more like the w****r sign
    what a guy whit bad eye sight can and cant see

sjees

back to the tread

nice stories and verry intresting to hear
    is the book still for sail somewere

Its a damned shame that the jerks @ Sharkhunters Intl-still claim that Hans Goebeler was not the last man off u 505 and also claimed that he was'nt the man who "pulled-the-plug" on the uboat. I can't stand the jerks at that organization. Most uboat & RKT vets loathe them as well. I still have the letter that Erich Topp sent to me telling me about his disgust for anyone involved with that organization as well as how they mucked over many German KM vets.

Sorry I strayed off topic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast