Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hans Goebeler U-505

Article about: Here is a nice shot of Hans Goebeler and yours truly taken at the 1998 MAX Show in Monroeville, PA.

Thumbs down Re: Hans Goebeler U-505

Quote by history-buff1944 View Post
    Its a damned shame that the jerks @ Sharkhunters Intl-still claim that Hans Goebeler was not the last man off u 505 and also claimed that he was'nt the man who "pulled-the-plug" on the uboat. I can't stand the jerks at that organization. Most uboat & RKT vets loathe them as well. I still have the letter that Erich Topp sent to me telling me about his disgust for anyone involved with that organization as well as how they mucked over many German KM vets.

Sorry I strayed off topic.
    Have you ever seen their "headquarters"? ... If I recall correctly Erika sent me a photo of it and it's a shack with what looks like a tin roof. I had a couple of go-arounds with these peoply myself. If I can locate the photo, I will post it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hans Goebeler U-505
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hans Goebeler U-505

Quote by Richard Kimmel View Post
    Have you ever seen their "headquarters"? ... If I recall correctly Erika sent me a photo of it and it's a shack with what looks like a tin roof. I had a couple of go-arounds with these peoply myself. If I can locate the photo, I will post it.

Hi Richard-nope I have never seen a picture of their location before. I would like to see it if you can find the photo. Also, I forgot to mention that Horst Bredow-the owner and curator of the Uboat Archiv in Altenbruch/Cuxhaven-he also mentioned several things about Sharkhunters-which was in rather "colorful" language and I can't post it here :-)) but he too as well as God knows how many KM vets and RKTs-had their fair share of run-ins with them over the years. Good reasons why they hate anything and everything to do with that organization.

For one-many KM Uboat guys loaned them their stuff only to never see their items again or if they saw the items-the items were replaced with lower quality specimins. The same thing can be said about a similar situation between a certain British Author and Waffen SS vets as well as most or all Waffen SS RKTs. I found out some great info about this when I spent the day with a well-known Waffen SS RKT and his Wife. When I mentioned this authors name-you should have seen how upset this vet was. He was literally in such a rage that he really did turn red with anger and it took at least an hour to calm him down enough for us to get back with the reason for our visit with he and his wife.

I can't prove what he said as absolute fact-which is the only reason why I do not mention that author by his name. However, I have been told similar stories about this from several other Waffen SS and RKT recipients-including Michael Possinger-when we by accident-met at a Hotel in Bavaria almost 10 years ago.

mikey16
    ?

Default Re: Hans Goebeler U-505

my grandfather was on the jenks on june 4 1944 and meet hans goebeler at one of the task force reunions and went on the deck with him it was the fist time that hans had been on deck besides the beginning and ending of patrols besides the capture, his wife comes to the reunions still

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2