Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet ID needed in this photo

Article about: Hi All. I am looking to own this photo to go with my Luftschutz/Civilian display items, It shows a girl riding her bike through a bombed out berlin, I like it alot because it shows many diff

Default Helmet ID needed in this photo

Hi All. I am looking to own this photo to go with my Luftschutz/Civilian display items, It shows a girl riding her bike through a bombed out berlin, I like it alot because it shows many different items for reference, such as the HJ/BDM insignia, the cloth sports badge and the civilian gas mask, but what kind of helmet is that?? Thanks for any help.
    Helmet ID needed in this photo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet ID needed in this photo
    P
    Many

Default Re: Helmet ID needed in this photo

Backwards French Adrian helmet?? Looks like a ridge or comb on the top.

I don't recognize it as a variation of the luftschutz helmet we commonly see. It could be a private purchase helmet or maybe something as simple as a period bicycle or equestrian helmet.

No expert but the high top of the helmet suggests fire brigade or police (non German)-given the German practice of collecting captured helmets for reissue for paramilitary/emergency services use it could be from one of the occupied countries.

?

I have a book called Nazi Insignia and it says she is a despatch rider for BDM....maybe ?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hmmm very interesting, thanks for the replies, I was thinking paramilitary from an occupied country also.

It looks like an old-style firehelmet to me...pre-war item, possibly even from the Imperial Period, and reissued later...
    cheers, Glenn

Here is a close up of the helmet, no sure way to positive ID it, so it remains a mystery, also the photo description on the back from the AP, and here is how I displayed it
    Helmet ID needed in this photoHelmet ID needed in this photoHelmet ID needed in this photo

?

Great job man! Looks good!

Heres a pic with your helmet in use that I just got.. (1941)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet ID needed in this photo  

Great photo bill!