Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Help with German handwriting and translation!

Article about: I'm currently writing a book about Norway during WW2 and I need help with some translations!

Quote by oksnevad_2 View Post
    Thank you my friend, you are the best!!!
    Everyone who uses this site owes Andreas a huge debt for his knowledge and wit. He makes what is really a very challenging task look so simple, and
    his command of language in German and English is of such a remarkable kind. Many here would do very well to emulate his example, which I salute. Hurra!
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-04-2017 at 08:22 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with German handwriting and translation!
    P
    Many

Thanks again for the help with deciphering, translating, providing the extra information and explaining things!
    Your skill and knowledge really is invaluable!

Yes Friedrich, Andreas has helped me tremendously with translations over the years, sometimes deciphering scribblings I never thought possible to decipher! And as you say, he has helped countless members - we are truly lucky that he takes the time to help everyone.

What i'm using the translations for...

The books i'm writing are ww2 "photo books", showing a "then and now" comparison of original photos shot in Norway WW2. I am now at book number six in the series... Each book consists on average of about 450 - 500 pages, and in total I now have over 3000 pages with almost 1500 unpublished high quality original photos. The books also contains historical and military information, as well as individual personal soldier stories and artifacts. Each photo has GPS coordinance attached. None of the books are yet published, It has been a work in progress since 2014, but I hope that the first book will be out in the beginning of next year! The books are in large format and are both in Norwegian and English.

A taste of what the book will look like.

Thanks

Yes Friedrich, Andreas has helped me tremendously with translations over the years, sometimes deciphering scribblings I never thought possible to decipher! And as you say, he has helped countless members - we are truly lucky that he takes the time to help everyone.
    Well said, indeed, as Andreas is among a stalwart handful here whose example of patience, intelligence, skill and breadth of knowledge always surprise and delight me.
    We are friends, and I am proud of our collaboration. I also read Sutterlin, but Andreas has a real knack for it and a fluency as a translator which is a real gift.
    I do this professionally, so I know whereof I speak.

Good luck with your books, too. It is remarkable how broad and deep the interest in Europe and the US remains in the material culture of the second world war.

I write books for a living, too, actually, but the subjects are not quite as compelling or as well illustrated, sadly.....

You are both invaluable members! I hope that members appreciate the free help they get from members like Andreas and you, who invest so much time to give the answers to all the questions!

You are both invaluable members! I hope that members appreciate the free help they get from members like Andreas and you, who invest so much time to give the answers to all the questions!
    Andreas does much more than I, and he does it with greater wit and verve than I do, too. Thanks.

PHOTO: TA 01

Oberst .........?

Thanks for the help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with German handwriting and translation!  

Looks like "Moßdorf" to me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast