Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HELP identifying 1933 PHOTO...what is he?

Article about: by Panzer1031 ya thats cool that u spotted it! how was the show? did u end up getting anything....or was everything high priced? there is one coming up where i live next month....we only hav

Default Re: HELP identifying 1933 PHOTO...what is he?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    THANKS A TON walkwolf! that would be awesome if you could post a pic of it if you ever had the chance! I would be very greatful! i have never seen such a badge.... ive searched all sorts of honor and wound badges and cannot match it. thanks alot!

other people i have asked about this photo have suggested he was RAD. But i dont think that is correct because RAD had full black collars and much different caps/hats/helmets. Although they did have the swastika armband like he does.
    I think it may be called an 'Honour Badge'.

It's a medal version in zinc with ribbon that I know of,
    which is pictured in a book. Pretty sure it is the same type.

I'll try to get a nice shot for you asap - this weekend.........
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP identifying 1933  PHOTO...what is he?
    P
    Many

?

man, thanks alot WOLF. i appreciate you giving your time. Like i said, i have looked through SOOO many honour badges and wound badges and still havent found it. I am with you 100% that it is most likely an honour badge. I will keep the zinc with ribbon in mind while searching. thanks again. I love the photo and have him pictured in 2 pics, so I personally think its cool to break down photos and get as much info as possible out of em!

?

Well, its been agreed that he is a member of the NSKK as Adrian had said in the frst post! The diamond shaped patch and black trousers are a giveaway. His cap is differnt tho, its cloth and more "dressy" than the original NsKK helmet style, and the collar tabs are brown, not black as the original NSKK. he aslo has a medal/honor badge. this makes me think he may be a different rank or something in the NSKK. whatever, still a cool pic tho

I beg to differ:
    I am fairly certain that this is not actually an NSKK man, but a member of the Motor-SA (which, of course, was eventually absorbed into the NSKK altogether).
    Telling Motor-SA members and early NSKK members apart can be difficult, as their uniforms at this stage were practically identical with only some minor differences. The black breeches and drivers' sleeve diamond are really no clues, as these were shared by both organizations.
    The strongest clue that this is a Motor-SA member are the collar patches. All NSKK collar patches were black, with the exception of those of the Korpsführung - including national schools - and certain staffs, which were carmine. Those of the Motor-SA, on the other hand, had the color of their respective SA-Gruppe.
    The collar patches worn by this man are definitely not black and appear to be too light to be carmine as well.

Thanks for the info. The collar tabs were worring me as I mentioned.

Cheers, Ade.

Caption reads 'Commemorative badge of thanks from the City of Frankfurt'......

The ribbon appears to be the same design and width as the 'Mothers Cross',
    except the outermost stripes here are mid-green in colour. It is hard to see
    this with my poor photo, but this is what it looks like to me.

HLP has nailed it with Motor-SA ............ !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP identifying 1933  PHOTO...what is he?  
    Regards,

Steve.

?

NICEEEEE HPL!!!!! I knew the collar tabs just didnt fit the normal nskk identity. This is awesome! I really appreciate it, as i can finally put the correct caption underneath the photo!(on a seperate paper of course). I cant thank everyone enough for the help. I had a tough time with this one and couldnt have done it without this site. There are just so many branches/divisions/ranks/etc of the german forces of ww1+2 it can sometimes be very misleading.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Caption reads 'Commemorative badge of thanks from the City of Frankfurt'......

The ribbon appears to be the same design and width as the 'Mothers Cross',
    except the outermost stripes here are mid-green in colour. It is hard to see
    this with my poor photo, but this is what it looks like to me.

HLP has nailed it with Motor-SA ............ !
    Thanks for taking the time to post that photo for me man! I do beleive this is the closest thing that i have seen to the medal he is wearing and would almost be comfortable to say that it IS the medal he is wearing. The octogonal shape and picture detail is VERY close from what i can actually see in the photo under magnifying glass. Good Call on remembering that medal too! thanks alot. I now think that i am armed with enough info to feel safe in captioning this photo correctly. I wonder if they had this medal for all the different cities/states...or for Frankfurt only?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to post that photo for me man! I do beleive this is the closest thing that i have seen to the medal he is wearing and would almost be comfortable to say that it IS the medal he is wearing. The octogonal shape and picture detail is VERY close from what i can actually see in the photo under magnifying glass. Good Call on remembering that medal too! thanks alot. I now think that i am armed with enough info to feel safe in captioning this photo correctly. I wonder if they had this medal for all the different cities/states...or for Frankfurt only?
    I'm quite sure it is the one that the Motor SA man is wearing.

There were many medals and badges awarded by Cities, States and 'Dutchies'
    for WWI service, each with their own unique designs - including bravery
    medals which were the equivalent of the Iron Cross.

The design of this one is Frankfurt only....
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Gotcha WOLF. Thanks. Im physced u figured that out for me. I wish i could see his collar tabs more clearly. after research i figured out that there were many insignia's on the collar tabs of SA that represented rank and unit.

If anyone has any info on the Motor SA It would be greatly appreciated. I mean ANYTHING! I have been searching high and low and there seems to be VERY minimal info on this particular unit/branch. Ive already learned alot of things that i didnt know just by researching SA topics and i definitely thank all of u guys for helpin me out

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast