Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Help Name That GENERAL thread

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Jay, I think you are right. Not 100% sure about this. But the Luftwaffe General might be Albert Kesselring? Cheers, Ade. Agreed,Ade. Good 'ole "smiling Albert&quo

Default Re: Help Name That GENERAL thread

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jay, I think you are right.

Not 100% sure about this. But the Luftwaffe General might be Albert Kesselring?

Cheers, Ade.
    Agreed. He appears to be wearing the same coat here.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Name That GENERAL thread  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Name That GENERAL thread
    P
    Many

Thanks guys, it certainly looks like Heer Kesselring when compared to the above picture.
    Many thanks for your help
    Jay

?

Good call Ade and Ned! I agree as well. And Jay, that def looks like Guderian too. Nice photos!

Cheers Bill
    Jay

?

Got this one a few minutes ago. Figured I would post it. I havent really looked at it too thoroughly yet. Looks like one on right might be wearing glasses or eye glass etc.

The man on the left looks like he has a Feldmarschalls Baton. His greyish white hair makes me think of Von Manstein
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Name That GENERAL thread   Help Name That GENERAL thread  

Last edited by Bill T; 04-08-2011 at 11:17 PM.

?

I think it could be Werner Von Blomberg. It looks alot like him, and very similar medals

Yes; it's Werner von Blomberg. The other general (2nd from right) is Werner von Fritsch.
    Compare to this image of von Blomberg, von Fritsch and Raeder...:
    http://fr.academic.ru/pictures/frwik...und_Raeder.jpg
    ...or this one of von Rundstedt, von Fritsch and von Blomberg:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...._Blomberg.jpg

?

Very nice HPL!! I should have thought of Fritsch to be with Blomberg!! I cant believe I didnt think of that! They were accused of messing around together, but were found to be only close friends.

So the photo had to be before 1939, since Fritsch died in September. I wonder where they were?

?

I dont think this one is EVER going to be ID'ed, but would love any guesses or opinions!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Name That GENERAL thread   Help Name That GENERAL thread  

Hmmm.... If you squint, no pun intended, he appears to be wearing a monocle in his right eye. The mouth with the slight down turn and jowls, as well as his age, height and build make me think that it COULD be Walter von Reichenau. But it's only a guess!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast