Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Help Name That GENERAL thread

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Jay, I think you are right. Not 100% sure about this. But the Luftwaffe General might be Albert Kesselring? Cheers, Ade. Agreed,Ade. Good 'ole "smiling Albert&quo

Default Re: Help Name That GENERAL thread

Hi Ned, I think it could possibly be him. I have been trying to find an image of him wearing the same tunic, as the number of front buttons is distinctive. No luck as yet.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Name That GENERAL thread
    P
    Many

This one appears to have the same distinctive spacing of the buttons, although you can't see them all, they look right. Over to you Ade!

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help Name That GENERAL thread 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ned, I think you might be right. I figured this would be a real tough one, since the detail and clarity of the general in particular are horrible. To be honest, I didnt even see the monacle, I overlooked it as glare from the visor brim. Thanks for the help Ade and Ned! And good call on the front buttons Ade!!

here is a better shot of the tunic and also so we dont need to flip back to the other page. You can see the monacle a little better now too. Thanks again!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Name That GENERAL thread  

Thanks Ned. I reckon it is him.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks Ned. I reckon it is him.

Cheers, Ade.
    That's great, thanks! I was aware of who von Reichenau was before this thread bought him up, but not until i delved a little deeper did i realise what a nasty piece of work he really was!! When other Generallfeldmarschall's think your too much of a Nazi to lead other Nazi's, youv'e gotta be a bad 'un!!

Walther von Reichenau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    That's great, thanks! I was aware of who von Reichenau was before this thread bought him up, but not until i delved a little deeper did i realise what a nasty piece of work he really was!! When other Generallfeldmarschall's think your too much of a Nazi to lead other Nazi's, youv'e gotta be a bad 'un!!

Walther von Reichenau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards, Ned.

Thanks Ned! And I know, I never knew Reichenau was an accessory to the massacre at Babi Yar either!! It doesnt surprise me tho. I think its crazy that even the high ranking nazis didnt even want anything to do with him, seeing as tho he was considered "too political". haha Also very interesting his family donated there furniture business to the Nazi cause and turned it into a munitions factory. Insane!

?

this came today.....a nice photo of a General and GJ officer on wooden bridge/passageway entering a Kubelwagen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Name That GENERAL thread  

?

Here are a few close-ups. Medals look to be EK1 with spange

(oh ya, the other General photo up top....could have a chance at being General Christian Hansen - General of Artillery - X corps)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Name That GENERAL thread   Help Name That GENERAL thread  

Attached Images Attached Images Help Name That GENERAL thread 
    Last edited by Bill T; 04-29-2011 at 04:28 AM.

?

This General is WW1 Vet and KC winner Siegfried Rasp, Kommandr of 3rd Gebirgsjager Division. Rasp was captured at the end of the war and spent almost 3 years in a British POW camp

I still do not know who the officer is tho, maybe his Cheif of staff? He just looks familiar to me still for some reason

The photo has to date around 1943 when he was GeneralMajor.
    Rasp is well known for his Defense around Colmar, France in 1944 as Kmndr of the 19th Armee
    Last edited by Bill T; 04-29-2011 at 05:02 PM.

?

Here are 2 different photos of the same UNKOWN General w/ troops in camo zelts/ponchos. ---again, not a frontal-faced veiw
    (my good scanner is being repaired, so I had to use a cheap printer/scanner) I will post clearer scans by Monday latest.....if it even helps. lol

THANKS FOR ANY HELP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Name That GENERAL thread   Help Name That GENERAL thread  

Help Name That GENERAL thread   Help Name That GENERAL thread  

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast