Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Help Name That GENERAL thread

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Jay, I think you are right. Not 100% sure about this. But the Luftwaffe General might be Albert Kesselring? Cheers, Ade. Agreed,Ade. Good 'ole "smiling Albert&quo

?

Default Re: Help Name That GENERAL thread

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jay, I think you are right.

Not 100% sure about this. But the Luftwaffe General might be Albert Kesselring?

Cheers, Ade.
    Agreed,Ade. Good 'ole "smiling Albert"!
    ~dean

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Name That GENERAL thread
    P
    Many

?

Any ideas on the General or the medal being awarded?? The ribbon looks like an EK to me... thanks for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Name That GENERAL thread   Help Name That GENERAL thread  

Help Name That GENERAL thread  

?

The General is Ludwig Cruwell of 11th Panzer Div and the man on the right is Gunther Angern (KC)..later Generalmajor of 11th Panzer Div AND 16th Panzer Div (who was killed at Stalingrad). Any help on the medal tho??
    He was awarded the EK2 in September of 39'.....you think this is it?

?

Can't be the EKII as he already wears the Erste weltkrieg EK I with Zweite Weltkrieg bar , plus he is wearing the Honour Roll Calsp so the photo dates after that award,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Angern won the Honour roll clasp on 22 July 1941 but he had alreadt won the RK in 1940 , it doesn't look like this Officer is wearing the RK ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Paul, thats what made me confused as hell. He clearly is well over-decorated for the EK2....and already has both WWone EKs plus spanges/clasps. The other medals and the medal bar seem to match for Gunther Angern and the division would make sense as well when comparing to Ludwig Cruwell.
    But Youre right Paul, it doesnt look like he has the RK on or it just isnt in veiw.....but it really does look like him. How was the Honour Roll Clasp awarded once the medal version came into issue? I am absolutely open to other possibilities of who he is.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Name That GENERAL thread  
    Last edited by Bill T; 05-10-2011 at 08:10 PM.

?

Well, I found out that this is actually Angern's RK verleihung. A freind has told me that there are many images of this occasion actually. Ludwig Cruwell became commander of 11th PZ just days before Gunther Angern recieved his Knights Cross on 05-08-40. he said that my photo shows the beggining of the ceremony and a that a member on WAF is known to have a photo of the end of the ceremony. His shows other members of 11th Panzer Div dressed in traditional Kaiserliche uniform. I am going to try and find the other photo now.
    But you were right in your observations of the medals Paul, good eye. My friend said that it almost looks like they "edited" and added the ribbon into the picture back in the day so it looked better. hahaha ....you never know. But at least I know what occasion this photo has captured

?

this one is looks to be pretty early and will probly be impossible to ID unless the occasion is known, but shows a General nontheless. Any guesses?
    (looks to be simply a reviewing of the troops)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Name That GENERAL thread   Help Name That GENERAL thread  

?

Not sure about the General Bill but the porker on the right needs to get some serious " tabbing " done !!!

1st July 1916

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Not sure about the General Bill but the porker on the right needs to get some serious " tabbing " done !!!
    hahaha I was thinking the same exact thing Paul. He would be easily IDed if he were a general, thats for sure. The chinstrap holds his other 4 chins up.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast