Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Help Name That GENERAL thread

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Jay, I think you are right. Not 100% sure about this. But the Luftwaffe General might be Albert Kesselring? Cheers, Ade. Agreed,Ade. Good 'ole "smiling Albert&quo

?

Default Re: Help Name That GENERAL thread

Here is a photo with writing on the reverse which looks like it says General Materna. I believe it is (KC) Genral Freidrich Materna, but I am open to other opinions. I had never heard of him before i did a little research. Freidrich Materna was commander of 45 Infantry Division from 40-42' and then kommanded the XXKorps from 42-43' until he was held in reserve. He recieved the KC in 40' and died in 46'
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Name That GENERAL thread   Help Name That GENERAL thread  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Name That GENERAL thread
    P
    Many

?

This General is also unknown for now. It is an early photo. (lack of national eagle on caps) My guess is maybe General Heinz Guderian.....but could be very wrong.
    Anyone???......Paul?? haha
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Name That GENERAL thread   Help Name That GENERAL thread  

Attached Images Attached Images Help Name That GENERAL thread 

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    This General is also unknown for now. It is an early photo. (lack of national eagle on caps) My guess is maybe General Heinz Guderian.....but could be very wrong.
    Anyone???......Paul?? haha
    Hi Bill,

I'm pretty sure that's General Werner von Fritsch, the second German General killed in WW2 by a bullet through the artery in his thigh on the 22nd September 1939 at Praga, Poland during the battle for Warsaw. Once again, note the monocle in his left eye!

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help Name That GENERAL thread 
    Last edited by big ned; 05-21-2011 at 03:02 AM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Yep, you are right as usual Ned. It is certainly Fritsch. Whats up with me and getting these Monacle photos?? haha Weird. Thanks for the help and info on his death too, my friend.
    Oh, and sorry for posting a Reichswehr era photo, but figured this would have been a ww2 General at one point. lol

?

A friend of mine has just sent me some scans from the Biblio Verlag book of Genral Angern's RK ceremony. I figured I would share them with you guys, if interested. One thing I thought, was that it must have been kinda weird for General Ludwig Cruwell to award Gunther Angern his Rk since, he himself didnt have one yet. Cruwell was just given kommand of the 11th Pz Div, so I guess he must have been happy with that at this point tho.

Anyway, here are the photos that are from the same day and ceremony as the photo from my collection:

?

here is my photo:

?

On page 1/#8
    I belive it is Generalfeldmarschall Waltehr von Brauchitsch.

On page 3/#29
    On first picture on the left possibly future oaks winner General der Panzertruppe Walter Nehring.
    On second picture it is not Kesselring but Generalleutnant Karl Angerstein.

On page 4/#31
    With Kesselring on the right is possibly oaks winner Generalmajor Ernst Bormann.

Regards,
    Lado

?

Default Re: Gebirgsjäger General ?

Picked up this unknown General's portrait postcard. Do members know who he may be. The reverse is blank, only in small print, printers name and address Sonthofen -Oberstdorf. However Sonthofen was the garrison town of 99th Gebirgsjäger Regt. perhaps a Gebirgsjäger General. I'm only guessing.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Name That GENERAL thread  

?

Good work detectives!
    I might be getting some photos of a wedding of what seems to be a very important person and mabey you could help solve the mystery.

?

I just got this photo of a general and Adolf Hitler.
    any ideas?

cheers,
    pat

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast