Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help required identifying high ranking axis officers 1938 in photograph

Article about: Hello folks Picked this photograph up this morning whilst on my travels and was told it was 'a conference before the war and the man fifth from the left on the bottom row was tried at Nuremb

?

Default Help required identifying high ranking axis officers 1938 in photograph

Hello folks

Picked this photograph up this morning whilst on my travels and was told it was 'a conference before the war and the man fifth from the left on the bottom row was tried at Nuremberg' and thats as much as ive got to go on ,Unfortunately all of the signatures are undecipherable to me and after spending the last 4 hours googling i reckon its time to ask for assistance from the wonderful fountain of knowledge that is warrelics

I based my search on the gent 5th from the left seeing as his uniform is clearly german and IF he was tried it would be well documented, his signature is also unusual in that it appears to have the nobiliary particle ''du'' which from what i can gather is particularly french in origin (the german equivalent being zu)...unfortunately im now going round in circles hence me asking for assistance i would love to know what event these people were at in what appears to be September 1938 (going by the signature bottom left of the photograph).I have no doubt as to the authenticity of the picture and signatures but would dearly love to know more.

TIA for anything you may have to add to my quest

Help required identifying high ranking axis officers 1938 in photographHelp required identifying high ranking axis officers 1938 in photographHelp required identifying high ranking axis officers 1938 in photograph

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help required identifying high ranking axis officers 1938 in photograph
    P
    Many

It's Moritz von Faber du Faur.

Generalleutnant Moritz von Faber du Faur

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It's Moritz von Faber du Faur.

Generalleutnant Moritz von Faber du Faur

Thank you so much for that ..now i have a starting point