Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help Wanted to ID a Heer Leutnant multiple Panzerknacer, RK, German Cross in Gold with a dodgy left eye

Article about: Okay mate a bit of a problem , now i have seen the back of you photo it is unfortunately one of the well known Ukranian fakes that have flooded e bay and the collecting market in the last fe

?

Default Re: Help Wanted to ID a Heer Leutnant multiple Panzerknacer, RK, German Cross in Gold with a dodgy left eye

Okay mate a bit of a problem , now i have seen the back of you photo it is unfortunately one of the well known Ukranian fakes that have flooded e bay and the collecting market in the last few years !! The easy giveaway is the writing etc on the back !! The fakers always go for sexy photos showing lots of medals , personalities, Waffenn SS , Tigers etc !! Sorry for the bad news..........

The other side is that Borck did sign many photos postwar i personally have half a dozen so signed ones of him are quite common.

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Wanted to ID a Heer Leutnant multiple Panzerknacer, RK, German Cross in Gold with a dodgy left eye
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help Wanted to ID a Heer Leutnant multiple Panzerknacer, RK, German Cross in Gold with a dodgy left eye

Thanks, Paul.

Mate that's gut wrenching for me, but I've amended my eBay auction accordingly; if there's even a chance of it being a print, I want to inform potential buyers as I also run a militaria community website in Brisbane, Australia.

The funny thing is that nobody's said anything the picture at all. Even the bloke writing a book on RK winners aid that he'd seen a number of photos of Borck, but had never seen this exact photo. I searched the Internet last year but didn't managed to turn it up on any websites. I have seen a similar one, slightly different pose, which must've been part of the studio sequence though.

Flaming repros! This ties into another post I wrote on the forum today. It's honestly not worth collecting German militaria these days, well, unless I buy from this forum and run it past Ade, Dimas, Stewie, Bob Coleman etc first!

Cheers,
    Jimbo

?

Unlucky mate , there are a few threads on the forum about this type of repro photo !! Pity you hadn't got Borck to sign it then it would have been worth something !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2