Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Heydrich funeral pics

Article about: Here's some pics you might like to see. Regards Stewy

Default Re: Heydrich funeral pics

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Many years ago, a collector I knew met a woman who had intended to write a book on Heydrich. She was working in conjunction with Heydrich's widow. The book deal fell apart when the widow wanted entire control over the final editing of the book. She wanted the book to be a heroic epic, not one that dealt with the monster Reinhard Heydrich truly was. Before, every thing exploded, Heydrich's widow had given the lady several of his calling cards, a couple of pieces of his personal stationary and one personal photograph. This material has since moved on to who knows where.
    On another note, the widow still had Heydrich's uniforms and decoration. She even retrained the blast shreded, bloody uniform Heydrich wore the day he was fragmented by the bomb. It is rumored that custody of this material changed hands shortly before the death of the woman. According to the story, the material reposes in the collection of a wealthy German businessman who promised to homor the memory of her husband through caring for his things. Of course, I have heard similar runors about the Blutfahne.
    Wonderful story, thanks for sharing.

I guess that the best place for such uniforms and decorations is a nice museum for the world to see, maybe in the one where they keep the car in which he was riding when he was attacked: the Prague Military History Museum.

Regards,

Gus

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heydrich funeral pics
    P
    Many

Thanks for input folks. I think i was lucky to obtain these pics as a group. Heydrich "The Hangman of Prague",had he survived could've altered the course of the war. He had more nous than Hitler & was said to be his natural successor. Stewy

Brilliant set of paperwork... jealous to the bone
    Dan

Interesting story about the widow and his bloody uniform. I'm surprised that she would have actually been given this back after his death. If it is still around - it should be in a museum where the story of this evil monster can be shown to all.
    As bad as it is....I bet that torn uniform would command big bucks today....whereas a lot of people would be more inclined to spit on it - collectors would be interested in it for it's historical link to ww2.

Rob

pjm
    ?

The drive out to the fleamarket outside Prague took you by the directional sign for "Lidice", the village wiped out as part of the reprisal for Heydrich's assassination.

In the good old days, in the late 80's and early 90's, there used to be a fair amount of Nazi material to be found there. My SS Reiterstandarte came from there.

?

Try to use this argument with Himmlers daughter and I know what she'd tell you...and of course the uniform would command big bucks, I suspect around 200,000 plus...

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Interesting story about the widow and his bloody uniform. I'm surprised that she would have actually been given this back after his death. If it is still around - it should be in a museum where the story of this evil monster can be shown to all.
    As bad as it is....I bet that torn uniform would command big bucks today....whereas a lot of people would be more inclined to spit on it - collectors would be interested in it for it's historical link to ww2.

Rob

She's his daughter for God's sake....of course I know what she'd say to me.....and the fact that she's his daughter makes it completely understandable. Who would want to call their dad a monster.....but then again - we have to call a spade a spade.

Cheers!

Rob

?

Various period commemorative covers and features. Also shown is an authentic Sammelerklärung (information collection / statement form).

Regards,

Carl

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heydrich funeral pics   Heydrich funeral pics  

Heydrich funeral pics   Heydrich funeral pics  

Heydrich funeral pics   Heydrich funeral pics  

The photographs in the article posted by Carl show the courtyard at the Hradschin where Heydrich's coffin was laid out. For comparison, allow me to add an image of the location as it appeared during my holiday at Prague in October 2007:

Heydrich funeral pics

Great pics, anyone got pics of the car at the museam?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast