Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Himmler corpse photo for sale in UK

Article about: here is an interesting photo that is going for sale in the UK. It says it is new but it looks like others I have seen. the vial containing the cyanide pill is also shown. Picture of Heinrich

?

Default Himmler corpse photo for sale in UK

here is an interesting photo that is going for sale in the UK. It says it is new but it looks like others I have seen. the vial containing the cyanide pill is also shown.
    Picture of Heinrich Himmler taken moments after his suicide to go on sale | Mail OnlineHimmler corpse photo for sale in UKHimmler corpse photo for sale in UK

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler corpse photo for sale in UK
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Himmler corpse photo for sale in UK

I'm surprised no-one has commented on this yet. It will be interesting to see how much the photo goes for. What is also interesting are the comments left at the end of the article by the readers. Some of them are very educational!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

You're right Ade, interesting commentary after the article. I agree with the guy that said it's the same photo, from a slightly different angle, that has been published for years, what's the fuss! Why would it be worth so much? Now, if that vile ever showed up and had documentation supporting authenticity, they would get some crazy money bids.

Jay

Be interesting to see what else comes up in the sale when the auction brochure comes online!

Why the big deal,I have seen this photo or ones very much like it in a lot of books.How would you know if it is the original what about the negative?A photo is a photo.

?

Quote by operaman View Post
    Why the big deal,I have seen this photo or ones very much like it in a lot of books.How would you know if it is the original what about the negative?A photo is a photo.
    Agreed. In this case provenance is everything. Similar photos have been published many times in many different places, I think the big deal is because unless you study or have a passing interest in WW2 and the fate of the Nazi hierachy, it would be easy not to come across these images and therefore to have the above published in your daily paper may come as a bit of a shock if you didn't know they existed. That said, newspapers sometimes publish far worse!

You are right,most folks are not as obsessed as some of us are. p.s. I have not received my invitation to the Royal Wedding yet I wonder if it has been mis-posted.

?

Quote by operaman View Post
    p.s. I have not received my invitation to the Royal Wedding yet I wonder if it has been mis-posted.
    That's strange, Barack and Michelle PMed me and said exactly the same thing..........