Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler photos

Article about: I have quite a selection of original old photo's from the war. I wonder if you could tell me if these copies are common. On the back of each one is German writing. I don't know what it's say

starbuck
    ?

Default Hitler photos

I have quite a selection of original old photo's from the war. I wonder if you could tell me if these copies are common.

On the back of each one is German writing. I don't know what it's saying, do you?

Thanks for taking the time to read.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler photos   Hitler photos  

Hitler photos   Hitler photos  

2. # ADS

The little girl in the second photo looks a lot like Goebbels' daughter Helga.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Indeed it is Helga Goebbels...The other photo shows Hitler during the 1935 Saar Plebiscite...These are for the Cigarette Card Picture Albums that were popular during the era...
    cheers, Glenn

?

These are cigarette cards or some other type of mass-produced 'collector cards.' They were sold to people for the purpose of pasting them in albums, similar to the way that baseball cards are collected. Some came in packs of cigarettes, but others were sold independently. I'm not sure which these are.

Edit: Beaten to the punch! Foiled again.

Hitler photos

These were sold in cigarette shops in packs to be put into albums. Not particularly rare. I think these would have been for the orange covered Adolph hitler album. You can pick one of these up for about £50 full up

These are from a series/an album published by the Cigaretten-Bilderdienst Altona-Bahrenfeld in 1936; its full title being "Adolf Hitler. Bilder aus dem Leben des Führers" [Adolf Hitler. Pictures from the life of the Führer"].

Do a Google search for terms like "sammelwerk nr 15 hitler" and you will get many results.

starbuck
    ?

Thank-you for the info everyone.