Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hitler signed postcard + small documentation

Article about: I found a very interesting auction of a small documentation on a group of Landdienst-Mädels that visited Adolf Hitler in June 1937 at his private residence, the Berghof. As you can see a new

?

Question Hitler signed postcard + small documentation

I found a very interesting auction of a small documentation on a group of Landdienst-Mädels that visited Adolf Hitler in June 1937 at his private residence, the Berghof.

As you can see a newspaper reported about this visit. The girls made a group photo with Hitler and received autographs on their postcards.

I am interested in this auction, as it includec an autograph of Hitler and some real nice background information on its origin.

Now I would like to know your opinion. Does this whole set and the autograph look good to you?

Thanks a lot for your answers in advance and best regards,

Stefan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler signed postcard + small documentation   Hitler signed postcard + small documentation  

Hitler signed postcard + small documentation   Hitler signed postcard + small documentation  

Hitler signed postcard + small documentation  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler signed postcard + small documentation
    P
    Many

I cannot comment on the authenticity of the signature, but there is one thing that makes me a bit sceptical:

The autograph is on the reverse side of a picture postcard of the Königssee, attached to which is an additional photograph of Hitler giving autographs for the visiting BDM girls. The implication is that this is one of the autographs given at that occasion.

However, if we take a closer look at the group picture, the girls can be seen holding pictures of Hitler. Surely he signed and presented these photographs rather than random postcards from the gift shop?

Like I said, I don't know if the signature is real; for all I know it may well be, but my gut feeling is that it was not always part of this grouping and may have been added to increase value.

Just my two cents.

?

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer.

At first I thought the same, then I read the text of the newspaper article. It says:

"Er musste uns wohl angesehen haben, dass wir noch etwas auf dem Herzen hatten, er fragte und wir streckten ihm unsere Karten entgegen und baten ihn um seine Unterschrift, die er uns dann auch lächelnd gewährte."

This indicates to me that the girls had their own cards with them and handed them over to Hitler. On the photo we can also see him signing a horizontal postcard, the postcards we can see on the group photo showing a portrait of Hitler are upright.

Tricky...

I'm leaning on the positive side, as these pieces do well in authenticating each other, in my opinion...The signature compares well for the period. This person made sure the event -"Meeting the Fuehrer" was documented the best way she could...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by SH89 View Post
    Thanks a lot for your detailed answer.

At first I thought the same, then I read the text of the newspaper article. It says:

"Er musste uns wohl angesehen haben, dass wir noch etwas auf dem Herzen hatten, er fragte und wir streckten ihm unsere Karten entgegen und baten ihn um seine Unterschrift, die er uns dann auch lächelnd gewährte."

This indicates to me that the girls had their own cards with them and handed them over to Hitler. On the photo we can also see him signing a horizontal postcard, the postcards we can see on the group photo showing a portrait of Hitler are upright.

Tricky...
    I see. I couldn't read the text in the article or make out that detail in the photograph.

Must say, that sounds a lot better then.

?

Thanks a lot for your opinions on this.

In general I do not like autographs without any background information. A small story makes the signature much more interesting, moreover it also inceases its authenticity. Finding an affordable Hitler autograph with some background information is really not that easy...

Best regards,
    Stefan

?

If it 's possible find more informations about the dealer.
    But i like this grouping, looks very authentic.

?

The dealer is a private person. If I had to guess, I would say her/his grandmother might be one of the BDM girls. I just sent a message and asked about some more information.

?

The signature matches examples of the period in question, i.e. the 1937-1938 pattern.

Carl

Personally, I like the group. I am not seeing anything that would or should set off alarm bells. If I could, I would consider bidding on it myself! I am not too sure that the ID photo of the woman is from or why it is in the group, but I imagine she must have either been in the meeting or related to it somehow. A nice looking group!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast