Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Hoffmann Postkarte with signature from A.H. with COA

Article about: Hi guys, i rembered a time,to show this postcard here in the forum.First i want to say,i am not a political interested man.Only a interested collector from WW2 and the history of the war,whi

Default Hoffmann Postkarte with signature from A.H. with COA

Hi guys,

i rembered a time,to show this postcard here in the forum.First i want to say,i am not a political interested man.Only a interested collector from WW2 and the history of the war,whitout political background.

I buy from time to time,items directly from the familys,sometimes from the vets when they are still alive.And sometimes from the familys of the vets.But i am not a dealer.
    Last year,i became a group with this postcard here.I am not a party collector and i have no big experience with signatures.

I know that signatures very often faked,especially from Hitler.So i send the card to Kai Winkler (House of history),one of the bigest dealers in germany to make a COA.He send it back with a positive COA (Original).

I sold the postcard a few months ago in a Europe auction-house.But the buyer tells me two weeks after the end of the auction,that he have no money to pay.So the postcard is further at me.

I am interested at further opinions of the signature from Hitler from the experts here in the forum.Winkler said it is original,but i want to hear more opinions about it.Who can help?

Thanks
    Joachim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hoffmann Postkarte with signature from A.H. with COA   Hoffmann Postkarte with signature from A.H. with COA  

Hoffmann Postkarte with signature from A.H. with COA   Hoffmann Postkarte with signature from A.H. with COA  

Hoffmann Postkarte with signature from A.H. with COA   Hoffmann Postkarte with signature from A.H. with COA  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hoffmann Postkarte with signature from A.H. with COA
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hoffmann Postkarte with signature from A.H. with COA

Can't comment on the signature (although I can't say I have seen the 'H' in Hitler signed like that before which might not be a good sign), but COA's aren't worth the paper they are printed on I'm afraid.
    Read this blog entry for an 'interesting' piece of information about certain German dealers (about 3 quarters of the way down the page)...
    FAKE NAZI MILITARIA: THE GRAND CROSS OF THE IRON CROSS 1939 - PART 3

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Can't comment on the signature (although I can't say I have seen the 'H' in Hitler signed like that before which might not be a good sign), but COA's aren't worth the paper they are printed on I'm afraid.
    Read this blog entry for an 'interesting' piece of information about certain German dealers (about 3 quarters of the way down the page)...
    FAKE NAZI MILITARIA: THE GRAND CROSS OF THE IRON CROSS 1939 - PART 3
    Thanks for reply and your opinion.The "expert" from this COA have a good name in germany,but i also not a fan from COAS.That is the reason,why i want to hear other opinions.

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    The "expert" from this COA have a good name in germany.
    Are you sure - read the link I posted as he is mentioned in it, and not in a good light.

?

Joachim, do you know when and where this postcard was signed? It is important to know, because Hitler's signature changed a lot over the years. I used to own a genuine example that was signed in 1939, and it didn't look anything like this one. The example shown above has some characteristics of the 1933 examples, but that is not possible on a 1941 dated card. Unfortunately, it also resembles fakes from the 1980's. If you can date when it was allegedly signed, that would help considerably.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. If forum member Woske is able to view this piece, he would likely be able to judge correctly as he has vast experience in this field having collected and studied Third Reich paperwork and signatures for several decades.

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Joachim, do you know when and where this postcard was signed? It is important to know, because Hitler's signature changed a lot over the years. I used to own a genuine example that was signed in 1939, and it didn't look anything like this one. The example shown above has some characteristics of the 1933 examples, but that is not possible on a 1941 dated card. Unfortunately, it also resembles fakes from the 1980's. If you can date when it was allegedly signed, that would help considerably.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. If forum member Woske is able to view this piece, he would likely be able to judge correctly as he has vast experience in this field having collected and studied Third Reich paperwork and signatures for several decades.
    Hi Carl,

all what i can say to this card,is that i became it from the family of a vet.Not from the vet directly,so i couldnt ask him about the card.I dont know when the card was signed.

@hucks:Thanks for posting the interesting link.I know the problems about the "experts" who was named in the link.I wrote that i am not a fan of it,it was my first COA at this "expert".Many people say,that he is good expert.And many say,that he is not.So it is 50:50.

The only reason to make a COA from him,was that there are no other "experts" in germany about signatures.The old german dealers who write in the COAS "it is a original item" are all has ended with the work.

All other "experts" write in the COAS "in my opinion a good item".So it have no juristic weight.

Thanks for the opinions guys.I dont know,what i should about the card.But i take it easy,its only a hobby for me.

Cheers
    Joachim

KSH
    ?

I do not have anything to add as to the authentication of this signature, but I will say that I would not put any weight what so ever as to what insights Herr Winkler may have on such a piece, to put it very diplomatically.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.