Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Identified Persons and Units Photos

Article about: A new thread for any Portraits or Photos of where a Person or Unit can be identified. These photos can be very useful for a # of reasons, such as: unit locations, uniforms, finding a photo o

Default Re: Identified Persons and Units Photos

nice 1 bill,keep us informed mate,i wonder if he still has his badges and skulls

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identified Persons and Units Photos
    P
    Many

?

Those are great pic's of a Tiger Kommander!!!
    They sure would look awesome with some color added!!!!!
    Just a thought!}8)
    I wish you luck in getting into a long converstion with that Man!!!!
    You better get that recorded!!! What a fantastic chance to hear some once in a life time stories!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by rbminis View Post
    My great uncle, Fritz Schlegel. I am unable to identify which infantry unit he was assigned to.
    Ralph.
    I have posted this photo on another forum and got this response.

"Kriegsschule des Heeres, Wiener Neustadt; Erwin Rommel commanded this particular officer candidate school prior to the outbreak of WWII. (Wiener Neustadt was (is) a garrison town south of Vienna)"

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Woah, awesome Ralph! So someone recognized this rare cypher then. Interesting that Rommel kommanded the school too. Just another interesting piece to the family puzzle my friend! Congrats

And thanks for the responses guys, I really am looking forward to further conversations with Dieter. I have compiled a small list of basic questions about the tanks/his service, that arent too blatent yet, to start our discussions. I will be sure to share the letters and most likely emails soon! I was thinking that it must be more personal to the Vets who arent RKT's, and probably dont get alot of letters like the RKTs do.

?

Well, my conversations have continued with my new pen-pal. lol A great guy, and he has provided me some wonderful photos of his time in Afrika and at training schule in/near Neuruppin. Our convos have started at the begining of his career, and then moving to later service.

Here he is as a fresh recruit Panzerschutze, at the ripe age of 17. April of 1941 w/ Panzer Ersatz Abt. 5.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identified Persons and Units Photos  

?

At Panzer Schule still w/ Ersatz Abt 5....training as Panzerfahrer. Sept 41'
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identified Persons and Units Photos  

?

May of 1942, now a gunner (richtschutze) in Panzer III with 21. Panzer Division.
    This photo is neat, as it was taken literally right before the battle of Gazala/Gazala Line (around port of Tobruk) he took part in.
    The 21st Pz Div attacked east with the last 25 tanks left of Panzer Regiment 5 (after heavy panzer losses). Target: Suez Canal-Alexandria. He was in one of the 5 lead tanks, (still acting as gunner), when suddenly they were attacked by very well camoflauged Anti-tank guns from the 9th Australian Division (rats of Tobruk), where they opened fire from the side from 50 meters away! He said they had no chance. All 5 tanks were destroyed, some on fire. Dieter's tank recieved 7 direct hits, everyone was more or less wounded, but luckily nobody was killed.
    He was pulled from the tank still under fire, by his comrades and picked up by an armoured Red Cross vehicle that brought him back to the field airport for transport (in a Fieseler Storch) to a hospital in Tobruk. Both knees had been severely damaged. Took over a year of rehabilitation to be able to walk to an extent where he was deemed fit for duty, to fight once again. Now off to officer training schule!

?

Here are a fw photos from schwere Artillerie Abt 845 during the first winter in Russia , they were a Korps Artillerie Abt attached to the XXXXVII Panzer Korps of Guderians Panzer Gruppe using 150mm s Feldhaubitze.

Identified Persons and Units PhotosIdentified Persons and Units Photos
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Identified Persons and Units PhotosIdentified Persons and Units Photos
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

nice ones Paul. That must have been in a pain in the butt to get the 150 into position in the snow. Cool pics

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast