Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Interesting SS Photo from Berchtesgaden !!

Article about: I owned another that is now very famous and even more expensive, and you can have it from a UK dealer for just USD 30,000 bucks cash money.

Interesting SS Photo from Berchtesgaden !!Interesting SS Photo from Berchtesgaden !!I owned another that is now very famous and even more expensive, and you can have it from a UK dealer for just USD 30,000 bucks cash money.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting SS Photo from Berchtesgaden !!
    P
    Many

Isnt it an eagle on the left shoulder of the ustuf in the grey uniform?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Not sure of the year Mads !
    The officer is not in the "Waffen SS" in the strict sense, since this term came into use ca. 1939. The LAH eventually became part of the Waffen SS, but it had a grey uniform in various forms from an early date, even 1933, and surely in the period 1934-5.

Quote by Shadwellarmy View Post
    Isnt it an eagle on the left shoulder of the ustuf in the grey uniform?
    Here is Ritter von Hengl in what is said to be an image from 1934. This image is from Mollo, Vol. III

Interesting SS Photo from Berchtesgaden !!Interesting SS Photo from Berchtesgaden !!Interesting SS Photo from Berchtesgaden !!Here is a hat sort of as his.....

Nice info FB, looks like the same type of uniform as the ustuf, in the photo.

I've always thought that Ritter Von Hengl was a Gebirgsjäger, but a quick search shows that he joined Standarte Deutschland from october 1934 to october 1935.

Quote by Shadwellarmy View Post
    Nice info FB, looks like the same type of uniform as the ustuf, in the photo.

I've always thought that Ritter Von Hengl was a Gebirgsjäger, but a quick search shows that he joined Standarte Deutschland from october 1934 to october 1935.
    which dates the image of him, then. He ended up in the army, of course.

A well-known photo, but a truly fine study of the earliest uniforms worn by the armed SS formations.

This was still prior to the introduction of grey peaked caps, army-style shoulder boards, SSVT-pattern sleeve eagles and the SS honor sword.

Also of note is Hengl's Militär-Max-Josephs-Orden, with whose bestowal came his "Ritter von" title.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A well-known photo, but a truly fine study of the earliest uniforms worn by the armed SS formations.

This was still prior to the introduction of grey peaked caps, army-style shoulder boards, SSVT-pattern sleeve eagles and the SS honor sword.

Also of note is Hengl's Militär-Max-Josephs-Orden, with whose bestowal came his "Ritter von" title.
    Thank you, Andreas.

I also note that one of the SS personnel is wearing what appears to be a Braunschweig Treffen 1931(left side yellow square). I cannot quite make out the award on the other chaps uniform(right yellow square). Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting SS Photo from Berchtesgaden !!  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast