Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels!

Article about: For those of you who love motorcycles as I do, below is presented a selection of my favorite photos of the Kradschützen Truppen or motorcycle troops that were the motorized, lightly armed an

Motorrad BMW R20 - RAD:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels!  
    "Per Ardua"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels!
    P
    Many

Kraftfahrer mit Motorrad BMW R 52:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels!  
    "Per Ardua"

Kradmelder an Motorrad DKW und Victoria:
    "Per Ardua"

Not army, but a very rare occasion:
    a customs-employee, photographed in early 1941 near
    Krosno. The indication ZOLL (customs) is clearly visible.
    With a motorcycyle this employee was driving around
    and looking for best possible spots for landing with a
    customs "Storch".

The photo I used in an article about customs-pilots in
    the German magazine "Militaria" from March 1992.

Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels!

MAP
    ?

He looks cold, wet and miserable Wim! With all that mud and what looks to be a water logged field, don't think he found a place to land that plane
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It was not fun, especially in the cold season, I was told during an interview
    with another assistant. They had a hard time there. Only once such plane crashed.

It was Wittmann's job and of course he looked for the best spots. He was aboard
    of the Storch along with Scheiber. Later he became a pilot himself. Krosno was
    near to Krakow and Slowakia.

Not the subject of this thread, but surely interesting:
    first photo Wittmann at right when being a pilot; second photo, the cold weather
    stuff is being worn.

Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels! Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels!

Not much is known by collectors about this customs sub-department. I did write
    articles about it, many years ago, for German magazines (a) and the US magazin
    "Military-Advisor" (b).

a) "Militaria" - Zollflieger des Zollgrenzschutzes, 1941-1945: nr. 3 from March 1992;
    "Internationales Militaria-Magazin", Zollflieger des Zollgrenzschutzes: Nr. 132 March/April 2008;
    b) "Military Advisor", Pilots of the Customs Border Security, 1941-1945: nr.1 winter 1990/1991
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 11-10-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Wow! interesting information there, from little known events, thanks Wim!
    "Per Ardua"

"Per Ardua"

Attached Images Attached Images Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels!  Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels!  Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels!  Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels!  Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels! 
    "Per Ardua"

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels!   Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels!  

Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels!   Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels!  

Attached Images Attached Images Kradschützen Truppen - The Wehrmacht on two wheels! 
    "Per Ardua"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast