Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Met a German Woman She Gave me her HJ Photos and Father SS Officer.

Article about: Thank you for all the feedback Gents! When I return to speak with them I will ask about her fathers service in WWI. I will also ask her to translate the witting on the back of the 2 photos o

Thank you for all the feedback Gents! When I return to speak with them I will ask about her fathers service in WWI. I will also ask her to translate the witting on the back of the 2 photos of her and brothers in the HJ uniforms as I am very interested in knowing what it says. These are just a few photos from her many albums. I look forward to learning more about their history.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Met a German Woman She Gave me her HJ Photos and Father SS Officer.
    P
    Many

Quote by devincu View Post
    I will also ask her to translate the witting on the back of the 2 photos of her and brothers in the HJ uniforms as I am very interested in knowing what it says.
    They translate as...:

"My dear Irmgard and Willy. These are very good photos of you.*
    I was delighted by the pictures of all three of you.
    Heartfelt greetings from Russia by your father.
    Orel, 7th April 42
    ".

...and:

"What a long journey your pictures have made; all the way to Russia and back to you again.
    These are very good photos of all three of you
    ."*

*) A loose translation. In the original German text, he tells his kids that they are "gut getroffen"; a figure of speech which means that someone's likeness and features have come out particularly well and lifelike in a picture.

Just for the sake of completeness, the caption of the full familiy photograph says:

"Father 46 years of age
    Mother 40 years of age
    Irmgard 13 yeas of age
    Willi 12 years of age
    Hansi 7 years of age

December 1942
    "

It always adds to the treasure of a acquired item when there is truly a story that goes with it.In you case it is fantastic.Fabulous find!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2