Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mountain trooper group

Article about: Here's a little group i picked up nothing special,just nice. Stewy S

Default Re: Mountain trooper group

More.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mountain trooper group   Mountain trooper group  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mountain trooper group
    P
    Many

Another.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mountain trooper group   Mountain trooper group  

Hi Stewy,

The pic of the canal is, as it says on the back, a view of the 'Spreewald' or Spree Forest located 100Kms S.E of Berlin. It's famous for it's traditional irrigation system of small canals(there's over 200) and the growing of gherkins for pickling!!

The other pic is of the city of Prissau in Saxony - Anhalt Germany.

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images Mountain trooper group 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thankyou Ned,you're a goldmine of info. The pic you showed don't look far off the stretch of river in my pic. You're helps appreciated. Stewy S

Quote by big ned View Post
    ... The other pic is of the city of Prissau in Saxony - Anhalt Germany. ...
    If you mean this pic, it´s the Dom "St. Stephan" in Passau, at the river Danube ...

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dom_St._Stephan_(Passau)

Cheers,

R.
    Attached Images Attached Images Mountain trooper group 

Thanks,i'll check the link out. Stewy S

Quote by fischer View Post

I love those Edelweiss badges...Need to get one.

Hi !

Me too !

Here´re three unworn pieces of this pattern, Stewy showed here in this thread, (there´s also some other pattern´s !), and the last one is the Edelweiss-badge, which own´s one of my friends, (he´s a vet who was fighting in Russia and in Yugoslavia against bandits ...).

Mountain trooper group   Mountain trooper group  

The tower monument is called the "Völkerschlachtdenkmal" it is in Leipzig, Germany. It commemorates the Völkerschlacht of 1813, which was a bloody battle that occurred between Saxon and Napoleonic troops during the last years of the Napoleonic Wars. The battle was the culmination of the 1813 German campaign and involved nearly 600,000 soldiers, making it the largest battle in Europe prior to World War I. It is the largest national monument in Germany and was built in the years from 1897 to 1913 on behalf of the "German Federal Patriot" according to the architect Bruno Schmitz. Learn more here: Das Völkerschlachtdenkmal Leipzig & Die Völkerschlacht 1813 bei Leipzig

The photo of the tower monument is called the "Völkerschlachtdenkmal" it is in Leipzig, Germany. It commemorates the Völkerschlacht of 1813, which was a bloody battle that occurred between Saxon and Napoleonic troops during the last years of the Napoleonic Wars. The battle was the culmination of the 1813 German campaign and involved nearly 600,000 soldiers, making it the largest battle in Europe prior to World War I. It is the largest national monument in Germany and was built in the years from 1897 to 1913 on behalf of the "German Federal Patriot" according to the architect Bruno Schmitz.
    Learn more here: Das Völkerschlachtdenkmal Leipzig & Die Völkerschlacht 1813 bei Leipzig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2