Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mr Battle of the Bulge...... Hans Tragarsky??

Article about: Jean Paul Pallud makes a very detailed analysis of what the propaganda kompanie asked them to do, milling about and walking back and forward up the road. Even the "dash" across the

Default Re: Mr Battle of the Bulge...... Hans Tragarsky??

Jean Paul Pallud makes a very detailed analysis of what the propaganda kompanie asked them to do, milling about and walking back and forward up the road. Even the "dash" across the road was constructed.
    This US Newsreel Newsreel: Battle of the Bulge - YouTube uses some of the captured footage. From 3:45 to 4:30 the newsreel shows the scene of the burning vehicles ( not Hans unfortunately ) but well worth a watch - the 'pea dot' trooper with the stg44 can be seen!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mr Battle of the Bulge...... Hans Tragarsky??
    P
    Many

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    did he ever light that cigarette?.
    No, he thought smoking put his life at risk!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

thanks nick.

4md
    ?

I like this photo of the very young soldier with the massive greatcoat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mr Battle of the Bulge...... Hans Tragarsky??  

Quote by 4md View Post
    I like this photo of the very young soldier with the massive greatcoat
    Is it just me, or do I see a burning halftrack with AT LEAST EIGHTY LITRES OF PETROL IN JERRYCANS STRAPPED TO THE SIDE? Rushed training for these soldaten methinks......... bloody hell.

They were probably empty, lack of fuel was a major issue as we all know

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    They were probably empty, lack of fuel was a major issue as we all know
    US M3 halftrack though. Empty or not I wouldn't be walking there

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    US M3 halftrack though. Empty or not I wouldn't be walking there
    Very good point !!!! Didn't look properly ! Look at the face on the young lad, he dont look too happy about it to me !

The Americans had PLENTY of fuel - the Germans did NOT .....

This vast American fuel dump,more than 400,000 five gallon jerry cans of gasoline lining five miles of roadway between the Belgian towns of Stavelot and Francorchamps,lay just one mile from Joachim Pieper's gas (petrol) starved panzers after they crossed the Stavelot bridge on Dec 18. The German offense stalled when they couldn't get to the fuel dumps before they were destroyed by the US troops ( BEFORE and AFTER photos )

...... I would have thought then that if they were full the troops would have rushed to get them???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mr Battle of the Bulge...... Hans Tragarsky??  
    Attached Images Attached Images Mr Battle of the Bulge...... Hans Tragarsky?? 
    Last edited by Danmark; 12-14-2012 at 04:05 AM.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    The Americans had PLENTY of fuel - the Germans did NOT .....

This vast American fuel dump,more than 400,000 five gallon jerry cans of gasoline lining five miles of roadway between the Belgian towns of Stavelot and Francorchamps,lay just one mile from Joachim Pieper's gas (petrol) starved panzers after they crossed the Stavelot bridge on Dec 18. The German offense stalled when they couldn't get to the fuel dumps before they were destroyed by the US troops ( BEFORE and AFTER photos )

...... I would have thought then that if they were full the troops would have rushed to get them???
    Great photo's Dan !. Yes, there was plenty of American fuel around, Peiper just couldn't get to it, and what stores he did get close to, the Americans destroyed before the Kampfgruppe Peiper could get their hands on it. I didn't look at the picture properly, I assumed Andy was talking about a German halftrack when he made the comment, thats why I said fuel was an issue and the cans may have been empty.

Perhaps if you have been in combat for days, being shelled and shot at, the least of your worries is being blown up by a burning halftrack ! The young lad does appear to have the thousand yard stare if you lok at his face !

I am hoping to retrace some of Peipers steps next spring on my motorcycle

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast