Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My first photo pick ups

Article about: Good morning gentlemen I spent a couple of hours at the flea market yesterday and came up with a few photos as well as what I believe to be feldpost cards? please correct me if I am wrong so

?

Default My first photo pick ups

Good morning gentlemen I spent a couple of hours at the flea market yesterday and came up with a few photos as well as what I believe to be feldpost cards? please correct me if I am wrong some of the portraits appear to be printed on a heavier material and have very faint lines running across the back . At one time these all would appear to have been glued in an album of some sort as some of them have glue and paper stuck to the back side of them this is a shame as there is writing in english on a few of them one of them talks of the Canadian push through Holland and the lost of a friend but sadly the rest is obscured by glue and paper . There are a couple of interesting photos in the lot I did notice what appears to be a french soldier amongst a group of German soldiers in conversation with what I think is an officer or a nco as he has a saber or sword in his hand. One of the other photos shows a German soldier enjoying what would be today I am shur an excellant vintage wine I hope you enjoy them.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first photo pick ups   My first photo pick ups  

My first photo pick ups   My first photo pick ups  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first photo pick ups
    P
    Many

Default Re: My first photo pick ups

Nice photos, thanks for showing!

Regards

?

I was suprised to find them yesterday does any one have any suggestions for Safely removing the old glue from the back of them I would be really intrested in reading what has been written on them .

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I was suprised to find them yesterday does any one have any suggestions for Safely removing the old glue from the back of them I would be really intrested in reading what has been written on them .

Regards Mark K
    I don't know if it works, I've never tried this. Maybe you could try the same technic to remove stamps from an envelope , with steam.
    Again, I don't know if this works. Wait for more comments.

Regards

?

I think I will hold off for a little while for more imput but thank for the advice .

Regards Mark K