Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My grandfather in the Blue Division

Article about: My grandfather, a volunteer in the Blue Division. The quality of the pictures are not so good because all of them are a copy of the originals. Finally I've found them Ade.

Default My grandfather in the Blue Division

My grandfather, a volunteer in the Blue Division. The quality of the pictures are not so good because all of them are a copy of the originals.

Finally I've found them Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My grandfather in the Blue Division
    P
    Many

Default Re: My grandfather in the Blue Division

These are really nice to see. Thanks very much for posting them

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Sepulhead, great pictures, and great history. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like grandpa is wearing his eastern front ribbon on the top left photo. These guys were kind of like the French Foreign Legion. Fighting on the Russian Front for another country was a brave thing. Thanks for sharing.

Jay

Yes, they were glorious soldiers, also the german soldiers told it.
    Well, I have no too much history to tell about my grandfather, because he died many years before I was born, and so because he only had one daughter, my mother, and he didn't talked to her about his war times. Furthermore, he never talked too much with anybody.
    The only that I know is that he was in the Blue Division till 1942, and he didn't returned to Spain till 1952, when the spanish prisoners were liberated by russians. That's all.
    Abou what you're saying Jay, the ribbon really seems to be from the eastern front medal, but I don't know which medals he won during the conflict.

You're welcome, It's a pleasure to share with you all the information I have.

Regards from Spain.

Just thought that I'd add this here due to the link. I have a photo album from a member of Schutzen Rgt 13 / Pz.Gren.Rgt 13 of 5 Pz Division and in it is a photo of a tented area of The Blue Division. The time frame of the album is around 1941/42 around Rzhev.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My grandfather in the Blue Division  
    Last edited by hucks216; 03-10-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Many thanks to post this photo, regards.