Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

My partial photograph collection, so far.

Article about: I agree paul. The other photo i wanted to mention is the one of the said "old fart" pointing at the 2 SS boys. This is a highly reproduced photo as it was in many newspapers from i

Default Re: My partial photograph collection, so far.

Quote by tampalam View Post
    Great photo Brian. Those two Waffen SS guys look completely exhausted and so young! I wonder if they are still around today. I would love to read their stories.
    Yes, a great photo, and i would love to know if they are still around, and their stories.

Seriously, i would have slapped that old man ( big time ), and he was really brave with US soldiers around, and acting like that towards two unarmed soldiers, that are POW's now.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My partial photograph collection, so far.
    P
    Many

Agreed, but those two soldiers were dog tired and probably scared to death and not knowing if slapping that arrogant old fart would have gotten them lynched. I am sure they were thinking about it though.

George

?

For goodness sake , all this picture shows is an old guy shaking his fist at two captured Waffen SS soldiers , why would you want to slap him about ?? What sort of comments are these isn't this supposed to be a serious discussion ?

He's probably a WW1 veteran who has seen plenty of the Germans up close and personal in the trenches and may feel entitled to shake his fist.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by tampalam View Post
    Agreed, but those two soldiers were dog tired and probably scared to death and not knowing if slapping that arrogant old fart would have gotten them lynched. I am sure they were thinking about it though.

George
    Arrogant old fart , again what a ridiculous comment , how would you feel if you had lived under the occupation of another nation for 4 years ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Returning to the discussion about originality, I pointed out my initial doubts concerning Brian's photos in this thread:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...ewing-21862-3/
    Brian stated that he had been collecting photos for some time, obtaining 90% of his photos from a single source and that he was satisfied as to their authenticity. Having now seen more of them, I have serious concerns over the originality of much of his collection shown here. As he is thinking of selling them on, I believe it would be in his interest to have them closely looked at, as repros are obviously worth a lot less than originals.
    Woske.

?

Got to agree with Woske regarding these photos , plus why have they been posted twice ?

1st July 1916

Quote by Paul E View Post
    For goodness sake , all this picture shows is an old guy shaking his fist at two captured Waffen SS soldiers , why would you want to slap him about ?? What sort of comments are these isn't this supposed to be a serious discussion ?

He's probably a WW1 veteran who has seen plenty of the Germans up close and personal in the trenches and may feel entitled to shake his fist.
    I was trying to joke around about it, and that's it.

But I'm sure that might have been on their minds.

Brian

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Got to agree with Woske regarding these photos , plus why have they been posted twice ?
    Yes, I posted them throughout other post, So i wanted to put them all into one thread.

So in the future, i can come back to this thread, and post all future photo's i buy.

Brian

Like this one , that came in the mail today.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My partial photograph collection, so far.   My partial photograph collection, so far.  

?

I would also be concered over klinger's photo in post #21 and #23.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

yes klingers photo....is in question. If the front is the same material as the back....it is most likely repro. The first thing in photo collecting to do when recieving new photos...is to feel the front and then the back. If they are made with the same material then they are extremely questionable. And to say that there are not any postcard sized photos that are serrated is somewhat of a flase statement. If you would like to see some, im sure my collection under "early elite photo" in the photo threads will show a few...as I know i own luftwaffe pics this style. I have a friend who is a photographer by carreer who I had take a look at the photos in question w/ the "scribble" on the back. he took 2 home and inspected them and actually cut a piece from one of them. He said they passed a "light sensitivity" test. after inspections he concluded that they are most definitely period photographs. but he did state that if they were in fact reproduced....that they were done so during the war, not postwar. I dont know if this means anything to anyone else, but it meant something to me as I trust him. I am personally going to discontinue buying from this particular person just in case.....but I still love brians collection and believe most of his collection to be very interesting

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast