Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

My WW2 photo collection

Article about: Photo 66 STAB/210.INF.DIVISJON - Album Photo 5 Photo taken at: ? Written underneath the photo: "In diesem Saal haben wir, 150 Mann stark ,(1. und 2. Zug der 2. Komp. des LdSch. Ers. Btl

Default Re: My WW2 photo collection

Photo 10
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW2 photo collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My WW2 photo collection
    P
    Many

Photo 11
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW2 photo collection  

Photo 12

Just a personal view but I think historical photographs are diminished (spoiled even) with the addition of a bright red web address across the middle of them.

After all, the same address is displayed prominently at the foot of each post and it's not like it's a copyright notice to dissuade unauthorised use on the internet is it?

Thanks for showing them anyway, even if I think they're spoiled to a degree.

This also raises the interesting question of who the intellectual property rights of (German) period photographs posted on here belong to. Nowadays it's the photographer, unless the rights were assigned to the commissioner (the Nazi Party?) or assumed by its replacement (the Allied Control Council) or, more likely at present, the Bundesarchiv.

With apologies for rambling, my view is this site is non-commercial and the pictures are shown for historical and educational purposes (so don't slap your web address across them).

Sorry.

I am sorry if I seem a little rude, but I have paid money to the previous owner for the original photos. Therefore I am the new owner right? YES!

The reason I "SLAP" my website address on my photos is because my website is a website about WW2 photos and history.... So if people are interested in ww2 in Norway, they may think that it might be a little interesting to go to my website... another reason is that there are more and more people who sell fake and digital copies of photos, scamming other people.

If you don`t like the "copyright" don`t look at them.. And if you don`t want to look at my website, don`t visit it...
    I just want to show my collection to my fellow collectors because most of them enjoy it... That is why we are on a forum, right? We share and help one another with our hobby..

Photo 13

Photo 14

Buying a print doesn't give you any ownership of the image, just to that particular paper copy. If I were to be pedantic, posting a digital version of the print on the internet most likely breaches whatever legal rights you may have.

But, as I said, this is a non-commercial and educational forum and its a place where I also post photographs I don't have any rights to. I justify it by concluding the photographers are most likely dead and the subject matter should be of historical value to all of us. What I don't do is claim any kind of ownership over the digital copies I post.

The internet is really complicating intellectual property rights, with music as well as pictures.

Like I also said, that's just my view and thanks for posting them. I also enjoyed visiting your website (apart from the digital watermarks!).

All the best with it.

I respect your view, and I hope you respect mine
    I also hope you enjoy the photos to come

Best regards Leander

Photo 15

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast