Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images

Article about: Oh wow! Youre right.....it is most likely an uncropped example, as mine is smaller than postcard size. Also there are a few minor details that are different on mine (probably because of the

?

Default Re: My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images

A good variety of photos , the Heimwehr Danzig one is a well known shot , can you post the rear of it,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images
    P
    Many

?

ya that was the one i bought that was from a seller selling russian archive photos. i only paid $3 for it.....which is 3 dollrs too much IMO now. There was a thread a while back with member Blackheart (brian) showing his SS collection of photos, and some were called into question. I had the Danzig photo that was bought from the same collector as Brians photos in question....so i took it to a friend of mine who is a photographer/collector by trade. He inspected them and they were found to be reproduction copies from right after the war. He suspected the paper was close to period paper, but NOT quite. Brians had a penciled scribble with russian writing....my danzig photo has the same scribble, but no riussian writing. But they are unfortunately repro photos. I highly suspected it when buying, but it was worth a shot for 3 bucks at the time. lol I have not bought any other photos from the same seller since that. Most of my photos come from 3 different sellers now and mostly all are marked with agfa bovaria, agfa lupex, and similar. People need to be aware of these so called russian archive photos, because they are all over the place and do sell other photos that arent "glory shots" as well. There was one guy who said you could tell the fakes because they dont make photos that are postcard sized with serrated edges, but I must say that I do not belive that to be true. A good way to tell if a photo is fake is if the front material of the photo feels the same as the back side. These are usually repros. Look for period maker marked photos and try to buy the "normal" period photo sizes. 3.5x2.5, 6cmX9cm, etc. etc.. Also never be afraid to ask questions if spending a decent amount of money on 1 certain photo. By the way, I dont even display that danzig photo with my collection at home, but it was with all of my photo scans that i posted numerous at a time for the thread. One other copy photo was put in there too by accident that i caught on page 1 and was able to "edit" my post in time to add that it was a copy. I think i even posted some photos twice by accident too. owell , but thanks for the reply on that one. it is good for people to see what they look like, because some people would not know and end up spending some good money on an SS photo or similar. Another good thing to know is fake photos going around with the maker mark stamped "Adolf Muller foto" "leipzig 309" inside a set of wings. These are also popular known fakes that are appearing. Another reason why it is good to stick with your "usual" dealers/sellers.

?

would anyone know what the soldier in photo #10+11 is?? That is the only one i cannot figure out.. I got it w/ a group of SA photos, but he doesnt look like SA to me. (no cllr tabs, etc). Could he be austrian or finnish or sumthin? any guesses?

You have some amazing images there Panzer

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

thanks Nick. when i started collecting a few years ago, this was my first area of interest....photo collecting. I stopped buying them for a long while, but am now getting back into it. If you put your photos in a frame they make for a nice display on the wall.

?

Guys,
    I want people to be aware of the Fakes or copies that are being sold as Original Period Photos. If you see this maker mark, STAY AWAY! This is another popular fake that is out there and is almost believable. The photos with these mark are done VERY WELL. As a matter of fact, you probably wouldnt be able to spot them as a fake unless this Mark was on there. CHECK YOUR COLLECTIONS AS THESE ARE VERY POPULAR!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  

?

Yep a good idea to post those that are not right then others can learn
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Yup, I bought a photo of a Knocked out T-34 tank and it got here with that logo on the back. Luckily the seller let me return it for a full refund. After telling him it was fake, he told me that he had purchased a good amount of them in a large group and has been selling them at shows and online. Unfortunately you cant trust anybody, so I must think that he knew they were no good.

?

Few recent purchases: Some neat photos of Women in Husbands Luftwaffe Uniforms too!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images   My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  

My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images   My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  

Attached Images Attached Images My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images 

?

The ship is a pic of German soldats standing in front of a destoryed Allied ship on a French beachead. The two photos of the SA men observing in the feild is neat and shows an old Diamant bicycle. My favorite is the gun crew with the Camo PAK gun in battle. The scans dont do the photos justice at all.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast